6 | Ten Minutes Again

We were done with a presentation and were halfway through the other one

 We were done with a presentation and were halfway through the other one. "I think that we should let them suggest something and then we could pitch our idea, it would be better than theirs so they will have to come to terms with our deal and money," I said. He nodded, adding another slide as I wrote down the pitch for the idea.

I looked at the clock. It was almost eight and I couldn't hear any blabbering from the kids from the past hour. "I am just going to check up on them," I said, getting up without waiting for an answer. I smiled when I walked into the room they were sleeping with her head on his shoulder and his arm protectively around hers. I smiled. I slowly put the blanket on top of them and kissed both of their foreheads.

I turned around to leave to find Mr. Knight standing at the door smiling. His face turned passive as he walked out. I gently closed the door behind me. "You seem cool with your sister sleeping with a boy," Mr Knight said. "She is sleeping next to him. And I trust her, not to be reckless and I also trust Xavier not to be reckless either," I said sitting back down.

"You hardly know him," he said, taking a seat beside me and offering me my warm water. "Well, that's true. But you know there is a saying that says, "It takes a minute to meet someone, a day to trust someone, and a second to fall in love," I said looking at him after keeping the glass on the table to find him looking at me.

"And you believe that?" he asked, sitting back. "Well not entirely, yes it does take only a minute to meet someone, but it doesn't take a day to trust someone, some people have different spans about that. For me, I need only a ten-minute conversation with someone to trust them. I am very good at reading people and their personalities. I can tell who is nice and who is not," I said shrugging.

"So you need only a ten-minute conversation?" he asked And I nodded. "What about the third part of the saying?" he asked. I chuckled, "About love?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, that's complicated. I have never been in love. All I know about love is either from novels or from television shows or movies. So I can't guarantee that.

For some people, it might happen in a second. It might or might not last. But I think love can never be timed. If you fall in love with a person you will keep falling for them for the rest of your life. Not the love that we find these days. The one where you have been in 5 relationships and say that you loved them all. I believe in old-school love. The one where you fall in love just once," I said finally looking at him. "What about you? You must be thinking what she is saying is all bullcrap," I said.

"Well, I don't know if I should agree with you or disagree with you. I mean I have never fallen in love with someone but you seem like the type who would fall in love with your perfect partner in your lifetime. For me, I don't know if I have time for that. The time one needs to give to the relationship is a lot and I clearly can not afford to lose that much.

I don't know if someone will ever fall for me," he said. I raised my eyebrows at that. "I mean people usually are with me for money. I have had so many models and daughters of businessmen come to me. But I know it is either for my looks or my money," "Cocky," "I will take that. But I don't think I would make a good boyfriend or a lover. I don't have the time," he said looking at me.