27 | Intoxicated again

Isabella's POV: 

It's been a few hours since the incident at the house. I was fidgeting a lot at my desk. I cleared his room and while he didn't spare me a glance. He was angry for sure, but I didn't see it in his eyes. They were back to being the cold ones. 

I felt terrible but I didn't want to be like this. I wanted a relationship where we could actually be together, go on dates, cuddle up and watch a movie. He would send me cute texts, we could stay over at each other's house. But we both couldn't have that. Everyone knew I was his assistant and if anyone found out... The companies name and reputation, Nicholas' name and reputation would be at risk. I don't want him to be labelled as someone like that. I don't want to be a hindrance between him and his dreams. It was almost 6. Rachel had sent me the address and Kevin was also informed. 

The office phone rang and I picked it up. "Hello, This is Isabella, Mr Knight's assistant speaking. How may I help you?" 

"Hi, I am Leonardo speaking, I am an old friend of Nicholas, may I please speak to him?" said a deep voice. 

"Yes, Sir. Just a minute, I'll just have to confirm if Mr Knight is free."

"Sure."

I put him on hold and called Mr Knight. "Hello?" his deep gruff voice spoke. "Mr Knight? Someone named Leonardo is calling, says he is an old friend, should I put him through?" I asked. "Yes," was his short and curt reply. I let out a breath before patching the call over to him. 

Once I was done with the work I grabbed my stuff and walked out rushing to my apartment. I was supposed to be at the club by 8. 

Changing into a party outfit and letting my hair down. I touched up my make-up before grabbing my heels and rushing to my beloved car and zooming down to the club. 

I reached the place and it was so immaculate! I mean the outside seems so posh! As I neared it walking out of my car. I stared at the number of people that were in the line to get in. Geez, there is no chance we are getting in today. 

I was about to call Rachel and Kevin when I found her waving at me from near the guard. I smiled walking toward her. "You look gorgeous!" I said looking at her. "Me?! Look at you! You are going to get the attention of everyone in there!" she smiled. I was wearing a pink dress that ended at my mid-thighs and had a lacy back. I paired it with some rose gold heels and had small hoop earrings. 

"Bells?" I turned around to find Kevin looking at me. I smiled hugging him. "Hey! I'm glad you could make it!" I smiled. He hugged me back before eyeing Rachel. He smirked. "And you are?" he asked politely. 

"Rachel," she replied. "You look beautiful," he said kissing her hand. I rolled my eyes at his antics. Such a flirt. 

"Bella let's go!" she said as we all walked into the club the security easily let us in. "Wow," I said looking at all the people. Some were dancing to the loud music, some at the counter drinking, and others were just making out. Geez. 

But the club was insanely huge. It had neon lights, the DJ station was huge. Kevin and Rachel dragged me to the drinking counter. "Tequila shots for three," Rachel said. I looked at her. "I'm not-" "Don't be stupid! You are here to have fun!" she said. 

"Let go of yourself, just for tonight. I know what happened," he said rubbing my back. I sighed. A little wouldn't hurt, right? As soon as the drinks came in. Rachel and Kevin gulped three glasses from their shots. I looked at it for a second before downing them myself. Rachel cheered and pulled me to the dance floor. 

As soon as we made it through the crowd I started dancing letting my body have fun. Kevin came in a few minutes pulling Rachel away from me. "Be near us," he warned and I giggled as they both started dancing their hands all over each other. I turned around to bump into a hard chest. I looked up to see a handsome man.