26 | Changes

Isabella's POV :

It's been a week since we were back. And the workload has been too much! If I say it's too much, poor employees must be going crazy. I walked out of the elevator and to the Logistics Department to grab some files. It was already 4 in the evening. "Hi, can I have the files that were kept for Mr Knight?" I asked. The receptionist on the floor gave me a once-over ad scowled.

"And why should I give it to you?" she asked. "Are you new here?" I asked dropping my smile. "Yes, I got picked by the boss," she smirked. I looked at her ID. "Kate Irvine, I was the one that selected you, clearly was a mistake. This is your last warning."

"Look b*tch I don't answer to you," she snapped. "Honey, I am having a harsh week you better not make this harder for you and me. Give me the damn file," I snapped back. She snatched the file from the desk and handed it to me. I turned around only to bump into someone. "Can't you watch- What are you doing here Mr Knight?" I asked steadying myself.

He looked at me with a scrutinizing gaze. His blank face gives off an intimidating vibe. I stared back at him confused. "Hi! Mr Knight thank you for giving me this job!" A high-pitched voice broke the silence. Nicholas looked at her then rolled his eyes before looking back at me again. "Mr Knight?" I said through gritted teeth trying to get him out of whatever he was doing.

He just turned around and left. I looked at him confused. What the -. I went back to my office going back to my work. A few hours in I sighed getting up and going to his room. "You have a meeting in 10 minutes," I informed. He looked at me and nodded. I gave him a smile about to walk out when he stopped me.

"Ms Kingston." "Yeah?" "Do you have any dinner plans?" "No?" "Meet me at the Aureole at 8," he said. What? "Okay?" He nodded before getting up and buttoning his suit and winked at me before walking out. I smiled walking back to my cabin.

Great now I have to work faster.

I reached the restaurant at 7:55. I was standing exactly opposite the restaurant. I took out my phone about to call him when I received his call. "Hi-" "I can't make it." My face fell. "Oh... Umm Okay," I said turning around and getting in my car. "Umm is everything okay?" I asked when I heard some shuffling. "Yeah, Bye." "By-" He hung up.

I sighed. Bella, That is why you don't have hopes. I started my car and drove back to my house with a heavy feeling in my heart.

As soon as I opened the door and switched on the lights I went to my room to freshen up. Having some food from the fridge I went to sleep. I wasn't angry just hurt.

*****

The next morning I was very out of place. I was in no mood to deal with people. I sat in my room furiously typing on my laptop as I answered the emails. It was almost noon. My door barged open and it was Kevin. He sat down in front of me and I ignored him.

"You aren't chirpy today. What happened?" he asked. "Nothing." "Really? Then why is Nick in such a sore mood?" He asked. "Why would I know?" "I don't know because maybe you guys are together?" "We are not," I dead planned to look at him.

"Okay Okay, then let's go out for lunch," he said. I sighed. "I am in no mood to do anything," I said but he just pulled me out with him. "Kevin!" I said as we walked to the elevator. "You need to cheer up, also I want your help," he said. I stopped struggling. "What happened? Is everything okay?" I asked concerned.

"There is the Bells I know, yes mom everything is fine." We walked down the lane and to a French restaurant. After ordering we talked for a little while here and there. Before it was almost time to go. "You said you needed help!" "I want to settle down," he said. I looked at him horrified. "WHAT?" "Don't react like that! I am getting old, I want a family," he said giving me a small yet serious smile.