23 | Christmas Lights

Today was a Friday and we had just landed in London

Today was a Friday and we had just landed in London. It was noon already. Violet still looked gloomy. We had a conversation and I told her I was there no matter what and she could share anything with me, I wouldn't judge. But all in vain as said she could handle it and I respected her decision.

We finally made our way to our house and got out of the cab. The house was decorated and the snow was covering the yard. How much I missed this. I looked at Violet to see her smiling as well. We walked up to the porch and rang the doorbell. We heard some noises before the door opened revealing Dad. He was a tall man with his hair turning gray and his now healthy body was turning into fat. He stood there in his jeans and shirt smiling widely at us. We were soon engulfed in a hug. "My sweethearts!" We pulled apart and walked in.

"Bella! Violet!" she said, hugging us as she dropped her spatula. We both hugged her. "Mom," I smiled, handing her the spatula again. The house looked just like I left it last year. It was a two-story house. It was huge. The living room, kitchen, the guest bedrooms were downstairs and three rooms were upstairs.

The house was not fully decorated and mom looked busy cooking some Christmas delicacies. "Why don't you freshen up?" She said, "Are you sure? I can help!" I said while Vi just smiled and ran to her room. "You should teach her to be this polite," Mom said. "Honey, if she gets into the kitchen, our house will be burned to ashes, please don't," Dad said.

We laughed. "Go freshen up!" Mom said and I went upstairs with my bag. I opened the door to find my room still intact. My pink walls and my double bed. My study desk has all the pictures. I sat down smiling. This felt like home. I quickly walked to the bathroom to take a shower. Just as I got in my phone started ringing. I took a quick shower and walked out to see 3 missed calls from Xavier.

I was about to call him back when Nicholas called. I answered by putting the call on speaker and sitting at the dressing table. "Nicholas? Can I call you back? Xavier is calling me," I said. "I like how he is more important than me Ms Kingston, he asked me to call-" "You guys can talk later? Bella! Where the hell are you?" he said through the phone.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Nicholas snapped at him. "Xavier, what's the matter?" I asked. "What is the matter? I went to your house! Nobody was there!" he said. I took the phone off the speaker.

"What are you saying? Don't you know I am in London?" I asked. "London? What the hell are you doing in London?" he asked. "Mind your language," Nicholas snapped. "Wait, you don't know we are here?" I was totally confused.

"WE?"

"Yeah, Violet and I?"

"VIOLET IS IN FUCKING LONDON?"

They both are the same, cursing all the time. "Wait, you didn't drop her off yesterday at my place?" I asked. "I haven't seen her in a month!" he snapped. "Wait, if I didn't drop her, her friends don't own a car... Holy shit!" he said to himself.