11 | Type

I woke up at 11 am today

I woke up at 11 am today. And god did I get enough sleep? I sat up and grabbed my glasses and looked at my phone. The call from last night ended at 8 in the morning. I smiled getting up and getting ready for a chill day. I had to do some shopping today and I was hoping Vi wouldn't want to come.

I love her, but she shops till she drops. And I was in no mood for going through that torture. I wanted to get some new business clothes and some casual clothes as well. Changing into black skinny jeans and a white top I walked out.

I grabbed my phone and called Violet. "Hey, sis!" she said. "Hi. You aren't coming today, right?" I asked. "I was going to... But we have some school events," she said. "Okay, I guess have fun!" I said. "I hope so. What are you up to?" she asked. "Nothing, I am going to just walk around Times Square," I said. "Are you going shopping?" she asked. "No...I don't know if I will buy something," I said. "Okay, You have fun as well!" she said. Someone called her name and she then said goodbye hanging up.

Grabbing my sling bag with my wallet and my purse. I wore my shoes. Giving one last look in the mirror I locked the door and walked out. Going around in shops I had brought five bags full of clothes. I had managed to get good deals. With 3 business suits. 5 tops and 5 bottoms. It was almost 6 and I was done for the day. My phone started ringing and I sighed picking it up as I walked back home.

"Hello?" I said. "Ms. Kingston, could you please send me the file and the details of last week's presentation?" he asked. "Uh Okay? I'll send it over in 20 minutes, Sir, anything else?" I asked. "I need it immediately, Ms. Kingston," he said as I heard some shuffling at the other end.

"I am not at home right now," I said. "Okay send it to me asap," he snapped and ended the call. Grumpy. God, I pray to you, can you please help this person? He needs to start taking days off! After a few minutes, I reached my door and opened it. I entered the room and dropped my bags on the bed and opened my laptop.

I grabbed my lunch as I read through the email. Monday was going fairly well. Nothing interesting, everything was normal. Work, meetings, email, schedule, meetings, work. I read through it, the contract making the necessary changes when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in?" I said and I looked to find Mr Knight standing there. "Yes Sir, how may I help you?" I asked. "Ms Kingston I need you to finish these files today," he said, keeping five files on the desk. "Also, tomorrow I will clear my schedule," he said. "Of course, Sir, anything else?" I asked. "A coffee," he demanded. I looked up from my files. "Umm... It's 7 pm," I said. "And I think I pay you to work for me and do everything I say," He demanded.

I looked at him shocked. Was something wrong? "Is everything okay, Sir?" I asked. "My matters are none of your fucking business," he said walking out angrily. Okay... I sighed, getting up and going to make him a coffee. After doing so I asked one of the helpers to drop it in for him. I sat back down and started finishing up my work.

It was 11 pm by the time I was done with everything. I packed everything and walked out only to find the light in his room still burning bright. I sighed and knocked. When there was no answer I slowly opened the door to find him on his chair working on his laptop furiously.