8 | Annual Ball

"Absolutely not Mr

"Absolutely not Mr. We are going to have our chefs and we are going to have our decorators," I said. "But ma'am, that is against company policy. "Well then thank you," I said getting up. "Okay Okay fine!" he said, giving in. "That's what I thought," I said sitting back down. "Has anyone ever told you, you are a good businesswoman?" he asked, chuckling. "Well I have the best influence," I said, at which he laughed.

"It's not that we don't want your services, It's just that for such huge events we have to make sure all the food is proper and we have to take care of all the food allergies. We have a personal nutritionist when it comes to these kinds of events. And I know your chefs must be impeccable but ours know how to work under pressure and at a fast rate. Our decorators will get me all the material I want in a day. So I would not like to cause a problem with yours," I said.

"You are also smart. These are the contract papers and you can sign them," he said. "Also you know that some of our business partners are coming in from abroad, right?" I asked. "Yes, you can send them our numbers," he said. "And you must also know that on that night the security team will also be ours and that you wouldn't be allowed to host anything else in here," I said. He nodded agreeing. I pulled out my contract putting in front of him, and his eyes widened. "Sorry, but we do all the business on paper. You can nod your head now but if later you turn I can't risk it," I said.

I went through their contract signing it and stamping our company's seal and taking out the cheque and writing in half the amount. "The rest will be done on the same day as the event. I will be going in and coming in for the decorators. Do I need to know about any other event happening here?" I asked. "No," he said, signing our contract. Great. "So I will be here two days before for the decorations," I said. He nodded.

"You can find me on the day of the event. You have my card and have seen my face," I said getting up. "Great doing business with you Mr Reed," I said, grabbing my phone and bag. "How did you know my name?" he asked. "You think we do business without a background check?" I asked, putting on my glasses and walking out of the building. I paid for the valet and got into the car.

I went back to the office, parked the car, and went up the elevator. I walked into his cabin handing him the keys. "Did you pay them?" he asked. "Only half," I said. "Good," he said. "You can't pay until our work is finished. You always say that. Anyways, here is your coffee," I said, handing him the coffee.

"So now the rest of the work tomorrow?" he asked. "What? No! Today I have to talk to the security team, the nutritionist, and the card company and the decorator will be the only ones tomorrow," I said. "You know very well how to manage this," he said. "Been doing it for years," I said, turning around. "Wait we have a nutritionist?" he asked. "Mr Lactose Intolerant... You think every time you had food from different international cuisine and it didn't have even a drop of milk?" I asked.

"How did you know?" he asked. "Well, coffee with no sugar is okay... But no milk? And then two and half years ago you refused to eat ice cream for dessert. You also didn't have milk chocolate at the tasting ceremony you were invited to. And a few days ago Xavier also said it runs in the family so my suspicion was confirmed," I said. He smirked. "I am impressed by Ms Strawberries," he said.