29 | Kids

Isabella's POV :

I walked up to the gate and they let me in. I didn't want to see him today after he left but this was urgent. One of the housekeepers opened the door only for me to hear loud noises from the dining room. I sighed looking at my pencil skirt and top straightening them I walked in.

The table was full of people and all pairs of eyes snapped towards me. There were ten people in the room. My smile dropped at the overwhelming feeling. "Bella!" Robert was the first to recover as he got up. "Oh I am so sorry, I didn't know you had guests over, this can wait," I said holding the file.

Nicholas rolled his eyes getting up only for Xavier to beat him to it. He ran to me hugging me. "Long time no see?" he asked. "Okay, that's very old but I missed you too," I said hugging him back. Everyone else just stared at us. "Let's eat we have your fav-" before Xavier could finish his sentence Nicholas dragged me out of there.

"What are you doing here?" he snapped. "You had to sign these Mr Knight, these are important and need to be sent abroad," I said handing him the papers. He sighed and grabbed the file sitting on the couch near and started going through them.

As I stood there my phone ringed, I looked at it only to find an unknown number. I picked it up confused. "Hello this is Isabella speaking," I said. "You forgot to add Mr Knight's assistant," a deep yet familiar voice said at the other end.

I chuckled. "How did you get my number?" I asked. "I have my ways," he laughed. "You stalked me?" I played along. "You bet I did," he said. "What do you want Ryder?" I said leaning against the furniture. "I was thinking you could come work for me," he said making me choke. "Bye," I said ending the call. I looked to see if Nicholas was done only to find him glaring at me.

I gulped and grabbed the papers that were signed. "Have a good time, Mr Knight," I said about to leave and save my life only for him to grab my hand and push me up against the wall trapping me in between him and the wall.

I was expected him to say something but he only stared at me with his unknown eyes. "Mr Knight?" I whispered. "Hmm?" he asked. "Please let me go," I asked. "You better not talk to him Isabella," he said making me look at him. "Why?" I asked.

We heard someone clearing their throat and I pushed him hard making him stumble. Three teenagers and Xavier were staring at us. Xavier was smirking at me and I glared at him to shut up. "Umm... I am going to leave," I said clearing my throat. Mr Knight nodded but before I could make it past the kids Xavier grabbed me dragging me with him. "Meet the fam sister-in-law," I choked at his words. "Xavier he will kill us both," I said terrified.

"Don't worry you will save us," he patted my back before pushing me to the room. "Thank god you brought her in, I am sure Nick would just ask her to leave," Robert said getting up. "Hi," I smiled at him. "How are you child?" he asked. "I'm great I hope you are doing well," I smiled. "I have a conference- What are you still doing here?" Mr Knight asked.

"Um-" "She is having dinner and you don't have a conference call am I right Isabella?" Robert asked. I looked at Mr Knight but he was looking at me like asking me to go against him and I gulped. "He does," I said looking down. "Terrible liar," the old man chuckled sitting at the head of the table. "You better sit down Nick," he ordered and Mr Knight unwillingly sat down without any fuss, much to my surprise.

"So this is Isabella Kingston, she is his PA and my girlfriend's sister. Also, she is the only one who can go in front of him when he is angry," Xavier said smiling. I looked at him chuckling. Of course, he would introduce me like that. "Thank you Xavier I am sure they needed to know that," I smiled.

Everyone introduced themselves and I found out that they were his family. His uncle and aunt with their three kids and his grandparents from his father's side. I quietly ate dinner as they all talked and laughed. I looked at Mr Knight only to find him zooming out of the conversations.