1.

This story takes place in 1995 but with modern day music :)

SMACK

I awoke to my face hitting the hard carpet of my floor.

"Dean are you kidding me?" I asked annoyed

"Well you weren't waking up and I have important news"

"Okay what?" I asked curiously, getting off the floor

"We are going to play for team USA" He said smiling

"No way. Like ice hockey?!"

"No golf." He joked rolling his eyes "We leave tonight so make sure you're ready by 6"

"I'm not the only one that's always late. You are too!"

"Yeah whatever just be ready" He said

I playfully slapped him in the back of the head and got up to eat. Walking into the kitchen I unsurprisingly saw our no good father. He's always drunk and never works anymore. I'm not even sure how we afford to live here. As I was opening the refrigerator I heard a throat clear behind me.

"What are you doing?" My father asked with hate laced in his voice

"I'm just grabbing breakfast before I head out" I smiled. I was not looking to piss him off today.

He just nodded and took a swing of his beer "Make yourself useful and get me another one"

I grabbed an apple and a beer, then closed the fridge.

"Thanks champ." He smiled lightly when I handed him the drink

I smiled back and went into my room. He used to call me that all the time before mom died. I miss it. But that's in the past now. He's a different person.

I got ready before grabbing my book bag and 2 duffle bags then stuffing them with all my necessities.  As I was finishing I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled

"You're still packing?? We leave in an hour" Dean said with a confused look on his face

"Actually I just finished" I said matter-a-factly

"Okay we can leave now then, I don't wanna stay here any longer" Dean said turning out the door

"Wait Dean!" He stopped in the door way and turned around

"Can you please carry my Hockey bag?" I smiled sweetly hoping he'd say yes

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Pretty Please?"

"No"

"Pretty please with a cherry on top"

He rolled his eyes grabbing my bag "You are so annoying"

"Love you too Dean" I said smiling

We walked into the kitchen to leave but Dean stopped. "Dad we're going to Minnesota for hockey"

"Ok bye" He said not taking his eyes off the TV

We made our way out of the apartment building to see a white van with a man in it. Yeah not creepy at all.

"Hey you guys Dean and Kay?"

"Yeah." Dean said cooly putting our things into the trunk.

"I'm taking you guys to the airport. Real great opportunity you have huh?"