2.

I woke up and it was still dark out. Checking the alarm clock next to the bed, it was 4 am. After tossing and turning for about 30 minutes I decided to just get up and go get breakfast in the cafeteria downstairs.

I threw on an old basketball tshirt and a pair of sweatpants and made my way down.

Of course it was quite empty other than one business man.

The breakfast choices of the day were eggs or pancakes. Sure, eggs are better for you. But pancakes taste sooo much better.

I was enjoying my food and drinking my chocolate milk when a southern voice startled me.

"Hey what are ya doin up this early?"

"I could ask you the same thing" I smiled

"I get up this early everyday!" He said a bit loudly earning an angry shh from the business man.

"Sorry sir" He whispered as I laughed

Dwayne sat down across from me with his eggs and milk.

"You drink plain milk?"

"You don't?"

"Absolutely not! That should be a crime. Chocolate milk is the way to go." I said taking a sip of mine

"Yeah sure" He smiled

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until Dwayne broke it.

"So tell me about yourself"

"There's not much to me. I'm 15, from Chicago and I play hockey" I shrugged

He nodded his head and looked at me. I could look in his dark chocolate eyes forever.

"So what about you? What's it like in Austin?"

"It's great. Roundin up the cattle and takin care of the chickens" He beamed

"I've never seen a cow in person before"

"Seriously?" He asked with wide eyes

"Yeah, I grew up in the city. Not many cows roaming the back alleys" I laughed

"Yeah that would be weird" He laughed "Maybe you can come back home with me one day and see em"

"Yeah that'd be great! I'm tired of the city"

We carried on conversation while we ate until we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I snapped my head around to see Dean standing with his arms crossed.

"Hey cowboy, I need a word with my sister. Give us a minute"

"Alright" he looked at me and smiled "I'll see you later Kay" Then looked back up at Dean before scrambling away "See ya Dean"

Dean sat down across from me and glared at me for a while.

"What?!" I finally said

"Stay away from him" He grumbled

"Why?" I asked getting pissed off

"Because I said so"

"Well that's not a good enough answer. So you can come to me when you come up with a better one" I said getting up.