55. RICK

THANK YOU FOR 60K READS!!!!

It was game day, time for us to prove we can win. Although Fulton and Charlie won't be here, so it may be harder. Sucks enough without one bash bro but now we have none? Of course Kenny is the lil bash bro but he can't do much bashing without Dean or Fulton.

We all gathered on the bench, ready for this oh so mighty pep talk.

"Alright guys. Defense. Remember 0-0 the whole game. We are not in the clear until the clock says 0:00. Understand?"

We all nodded and put our hands in before saying "go team". boring.

"Portman! Don't disappoint me"

"You got it boss. But I may play better if we had more than a 'go team' type thing ya know? Like I think-"

"Portman."

"Got it." I said throwing a thumbs up and skating out

I looked in the stands to see Rick, he shot me his award winning smile. My heart rate sped up, the anxiety started to hit me. But as soon as the opposing team came on the ice that anxiety faded, turning into excitement. I was ready for this game.

I smirked, looking at the guy across from me. He lowly chuckled, only making me more ready.

As soon as the puck hit the ice I dropped my shoulder, knocking the opposing player over. I laughed as I saw Connie scoop it up, heading towards the goal. She made a quick pass to Kenny and he shot, scoring.

"GO KEN GO!" I cheered happily skating in circles

The game went on smoothly, we scored 2 more times and the opposing team scored once. The game was kind of tough. Goals weren't being made often, but defense was definitely holding up.

There was 3 minutes left when coach sent Les and I out

"Let's rock this shit Les!" I said hitting him lightly with my stick and going to center. The other guy knocked me down, but I quickly got up, hot on his heels.

He shot, but Julie saved it and gave it to me. I scrambled up the ice quickly, shooting at the goal. It went in and the siren went off.

Les came up to me hitting my helmet this his hand "HELL YEAH"

"We ain't finished just yet Lester" I smirked going back to middle

In the end we scored one more, leaving us with a victory of 5-1

"Great job guys" Coach said "See what happens when you play smart and use defense?"

We all nodded happily

"Now go shower and change. I'll see you guys Monday"

I headed towards the locker room, but was swiftly pulled into another one. I lifted my hand back ready to strike when I saw Ricks stupid smiling face.

"Fancy seeing you here" He smiled

I rolled my eyes "You pulled me in here Riley!"

"Last name basis still?!"

I nodded trying to hide my smile

"Well fine then miss PORTMAN. I guess I just won't congratulate you on how good you did"

I smiled looking up at him "I did pretty damn good didn't I?"

"Don't get cocky on me now" He said pointing a finger

I pushed his hand away "I better go with my team to celebrate the victory"

He grabbed my hand stopping me "I don't get to kiss the victor?"