51. DWAYNE

Rick grabbed my hand and we walked into the formal together. For some reason it felt... wrong?

I shrugged it off and smiled up at Rick who smiled back "You want a drink?"

I nodded and we walked over to the punch

"It's probably spiked, but don't worry I'll take care of you" He smiled

"My night in shining armor once again"

He rolled his eyes taking a sip of his drink, before sitting it down "Let's go dance"

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out to the dance floor where we went crazy. After a few songs, we took a break.. well Rick did.

"KAY GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE" Les yelled

"I'M COMING" I yelled back running over to him

"Let's show these bitches how it's done" He smiled

"You got it" I smiled back

We danced crazy, throwing it back on each other and shit

"Damn Kay, you really can work that ass" He laughed

"Of course I can"

He rolled his eyes, continuing dancing like crazy. The rest of the team joined in with us.

Luis being the flirt he is walked over cooly "Hey good lookin"

"Hey babe" I winked

He laughed grabbing my hands and dancing spinning me around

All the ducks and I danced like it was the last night of our lives. But I couldn't stop looking at that one cowboy. The way he smiled and laughed when he danced made my heart skip a beat. Spinning Julie around and just living in the moment. It was really captivating.

A slow song came on and the people without dates cleared the floor and Rick came up to me with a smile on his face. I smiled at him brightly, wrapping my arms around his neck while his snaked around my waist.

He looked into my eyes, as I looked at his. But I could help but avert my attention to Dwayne. Another girl in his arms hurt my heart. But I know we're long over. I wish it was different, but it is what it is I guess..

After the dance, I was a bit tipsy, but sober enough to think for myself.

Rick and I got into his car and drove back to the dorms after the eventful night. We were outside, sharing a cigarette silently.

"Tonight was fun" I said looking up at him

"You're right, I was pretty shocked at your moves" He laughed

"How could you be shocked? You got the preview when we played just dance"

He laughed looking at me contently, before slowly leaning in and locking our lips. The kiss was electrifying, but different. It wasn't the sweet, nice kiss I shared with Dwayne. It was... lust? It wasn't the same, but it most certainly was not bad.

The kiss deepened has he wrapped his arms around my lower waist before he pulled away and lowly whispered "Why don't we take this inside"

I bit my lip nodding my head and heading inside with him.

His room was empty and as soon as we got the door shut he deeply kissed me, running his lips down my neck, across my collar bone and chest.

I was breathing heavily, but it didn't feel right.

"Rick"

"Mhm?" He said not stopping

"Can you stop?"