61. DWAYNE

September 2010

"Ashton!! Get down here now! You have school in 10 minutes!!" I yelled up the steps to our now 5 year old. He had dark brown hair like me, and bright blue eyes as well. But his face was a carbon copy of Dwayne's.

Ashton ran down the steps in a blue polo shirt with khaki shorts "Do you like it?" He asked smiling

"Oh yes! You look very handsome Ash" I smiled down at him "I'm sure Ivy will love your shirt"

"I know" He smiled "Blues her favorite"

"That's right, now let's go out to the bus stop so you don't miss your first day of kindergarten!!" I smiled grabbing his hand

"Where's daddy?"

"Right here" He smiled walking in from the kitchen with our 3 year old twin daughters, Eden and Hazel. They both had Dwayne's dark eyes and dark hair too. Eden looked like the perfect mix of Dwayne and I, while Hazel looked more like me.

"Can Eden and Hazel come too?" Ashton asked

"Oh they're still too little. But you're a big boy and are going to go to school, with Ivy and Maddox too"

Maddox is Adam and his husbands adopted kid, the sweetest boy ever. I swear Ivy won't ever have to worry about anything with these two boys by her side.

I watched as Ashton got on the bus, his book bag was bigger than him.

"Man do I feel old" Dwayne said holding Hazel

"Well, we are 30" I said picking up Eden

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Years flew by. I swear it was just yesterday Dwayne and I were buying our first house.

Les and Matty never ended up having kids, but are always around to spoil ours. Fulton and his wife had one girl in 2007 named Sadie who's best friends with the twins. Adam and his husband adopted one more kid, a little Ukrainian baby. He is so adorable. Charlie and Linda had one boy named Elliott in 2010, then moved away to Kansas for some reason and we lost touch. Goldberg and his wife had 5 kids, 3 boys and 2 girls. They still live in Philadelphia. Luis and his wife never had kids, and live in a mansion in Miami. Guy and Connie had 2 more kids after Ivy. A girl in 2006 named Rosie and a boy in 2008 named Gabe. Guy wanted a boy so bad. Russ and his wife never had anymore kids, they were happy with the triplets. Dean and Julie had one girl named Maxine in 2008, but she goes by Max. She is Deans whole world, and also the reason he nearly has a heart attack every week. They moved to Minnesota with the rest of us because Julie didn't want Max growing up and not knowing her cousins. Gunnar and his wife never had kids, and stayed living in Iceland. Wolf never ended up marrying but is always around. He has a room in our house and stays a lot. He loves these kids to death.

2021- covid don't exist

Everyone met back where it all began, the rink. Even Goldberg, Russ and Luis flew in.

"Holy shit you guys, we're old as fuck aren't we" I said as we all skated around with our sticks in hand

"You're telling me, I never had kids and still getting wrinkles" Luis said

"I stay smooth, no wrinkles for me" Les said spinning in circles around us

"Yeah yeah whatever mister 'I looked 7 until I was 15'" Fulton said making us all laugh

"Man it's good to see everyone again, well almost everyone" Julie smiled, referring to Charlie

"I don't know why he just kinda stopped talking to everyone" Adam said

"It was odd, but didn't surprise me" Russ shrugged

We all agreed. Our kids were off doing their own thing, because most of them were old enough to watch themselves and the ones who weren't stayed with the ones who were. But we need some alone time.

This day, showed us how far we've come. I mean, we're 40 years old and still friends, skating around and playing ice hockey. Most of the guys and Julie still play professionally, but their time is coming to an end soon. I still coach the Stars and Dwayne still plays on the team, but man are we aging quick. Ashton is now 16 and driving! And the twins are 14 going on mother fucking 21. By the way, yes Ivy and Ashton are dating. You'd think after growing up together they'd have a brother-sister bond, but that was never the case.

All around, we are happy. Life is good and I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

THE END.

Thank you guys so much for all the support and reads!! You guys are amazing and I hope you liked the story. Cant wait for my next story to start coming out, already have it started :)