Breaking Point (Ep 25)

"Almost there," Lilly said with sweat beading down her head.

"Stay calm," Debbie said.

"Wait for an opening," Wendy cried.

"What else can I do?" Lilly asked. The Larvesta's game character, who was a Chesnaught, jumped across the boss's attack but she accidentally hit one of the flying enemies killing her game character. "COME ON!"

"Can I try?" Debbie asked. Her step-sister just tossed the controller to her. The Dwebble started the level over as the Larvesta was nuzzled by the Joltik.

"I know how you feel," Wendy said. "How the heck can anyone beat this?"

"Maybe there's a different way." Debbie switched the character to a Delphox and walked towards the boss room. Once the battle commenced, she started launch fire attacks. She maneuvered around its attacks and landed the finishing blow. "I did it!"

"Only because I got you there."

"I think you'll have the next boss battle," Wendy said. As soon as they saved the game, Lisa called them from downstairs.

"Lilly, Debbie, your mom's here," the Leavanny called.

"Great," Lilly groaned.

"You can just come back tomorrow," Wendy said.

"It's not what I'm going to miss." The Larvesta hugged the Joltik tightly.

"Lilly, let go."

"No way, you're too soft." Both girls giggled before Lilly stood up. "See you tomorrow." The Larvesta left with her stepsister as Wendy waved goodbye.

Bailey flew into the room in her pajamas. "So, how many times did you die?"

"Only three times," Wendy said.

"I meant Lilly."

"About five times." The Butterfree laughed. "Hey, shut up."

"I never knew someone could be that stubborn."

The Butterfree avoided an Electroweb from her sister. "What was that for?"

"It's a sign that you need to shut up."

"What's going on up there?" Fred called from downstairs.

"Nothing dad!" Bailey just glared at Wendy.

"Why are you so emotional about her?" Bailey asked.

"Just shut it." Wendy turned around in her bed so her sister couldn't see her blush.

"What's with you?" The Joltik didn't reply and pulled her bedsheet over her.

Meanwhile, Lilly and Debbie were riding home with their mom, Velma the Volcarona, who was noticing that the Larvesta was daydreaming. "Something on your mind?" Velma asked.

"Huh?" Lilly asked snapping back to reality.

"She asked what you were thinking about," Debbie said catching her sister up.

"Um, nothing. It's just a game we were helping Wendy with. It's only a single-player but there are different characters. There's Manni the Chesnaught Viking, Lorra the Delphox mage, and Soga the Greninja... Ninja. I play as Manni, Debbie's Lorra, and Wendy controls Soga. She's amazing."

"Sounds fun."

"It is," Debbie said. "I think I prefer fighting at range."

"That's because of auto-aim. I still don't understand why Wendy like old games like that."

"Well, I can't wait to hear about what adventures you had," Velma said as she kept driving home.

Lilly felt her phone shake in her pocket and she saw she got a text from Wendy reading, "I miss you already."

"I miss you too," Lilly replied. She then heard something on the car radio.

"With Summer Vacation on its last month for the year the biggest change is the Pokemorph epidemic. While some still fear it, Price Productions have many to help keep it under control."

"Mom, can we listen to something else?" Lilly asked.

"We're almost home," Velma said. "It should only be a minute."

"We already know enough of the virus. People love, people hate it, can't we change the channel? Wendy and I are sick of hearing about it."

"Look, we're almost home." She was right. They pulled into the driveway and walked inside the house. After the Larvesta and Dwebble changed, they both climbed into their beds.

"So, what do you think school will be like with Pokemorphs?" Debbie asked.

"Probably just the same as normal school," Lilly replied. "Maybe Pokemon battles could be a sport. I know Millie would like that." The Larvesta got another text from her girlfriend.

"What are you doing?" Wendy texted.

"Lying in bed," Lilly replied.

"I can't stop thinking about you."