Trainer Trouble (Ep 22)

At the Flint Gym, Sylvia was getting ready to head to work. "So, can you bring me lunch?" Eric asked.

"There's sandwich meat in the kitchen," Sylvia replied. "I gotta get going if I wanna help with the lunch rush." The Aegislash left the gym as the Aggron walked towards the kitchen. Jake and Millie were already in there helping themselves to the meat and making their sandwiches.

"I'm bored."

"Me too," Millie complained. "I mean, it's been two months since our last proper gym battle. Sure, Lilly and her friends put up a fun fight, but I want a proper one."

"I heard from Jenny that they are letting trainers back into the city," Jake said.

"Then where are they?"

"I can make signs to help them?" Eric said.

"With what?"

"Are meat a good build..."

"No," Jake interrupted. "Eric, I don't want to be mean, but food isn't the best building material."

"I can't be the only one who's thinking of getting some attention."

"You're not," Millie said. The frustrated Mawile took her finished sandwich and left the kitchen in a huff.

A little while later, Lilly and Wendy walked into the gym. "Millie?" Lilly called, "We're here. Today the first day of the last month of Summer Vacation."

"She's probably upstairs," Wendy said walking towards the door to the steps. They found Millie eating the remains of her sandwich as she watched TV.

"Oh, hey," Millie said deadpanned as she notices the bug girls.

"What's wrong?"

"Aside from your training, I've got nothing to do. I know what attacks you have. I need something new." The Mawile gave an annoyed sigh.

"Maybe we could try soccer," Lilly said, "You like that."

"It's not the same. I've got nothing better to do." The Mawile left with her friends as Wendy tried to change the subject.

"So, it's cool that nobody is freaking out about the virus anymore," the Joltik said.

"Yeah," Lilly agreed. "We can fly, move at high speeds, and we lift heavy crud like cars."

"And yet not one decides to come to the gym," Millie complained. The bug girls didn't say anything as they got into the car and Lisa drove them away. They kept trying to think about something else, but Millie kept bringing the subject back to the gym battle she wanted.

"Can you just drop it?" Wendy asked.

"Nope."When they got into the park, Millie was still keeping up her angry attitude. "You know, I started hanging out with you to fix your behavior," Lilly said.

"I can't help it," Millie groaned.Wendy got a duffle bag out of the back of the car and carried over to the field to unpack it. "You actually going to play, or are you just going to sulk?" she asked.

They got to work building the goal, but Millie wasn't a patient Pokemon. She kicked the ball around as she waited, but the goal was a bit harder to put together as they didn't have the instructions. The Mawile's patients reached her end and she kicked the ball in frustration. It went flying and was out of sight.

"Millie!" Lilly cried.

"You're taking forever," the Mawile protested. "I'll get it." Millie grumbled as she walked towards where she kicked the ball and found it around the corner. Lying next to it, was a human teenage girl who wore a white cap, a yellow t-shirt, jeans, white sneakers, and even a yellow backpack. "Oh, sorry about that."