thirty.

30

FIGMENTS OF REALITY

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

It was early the next morning when the remaining few of the army returned to Aslan's How. Lucy was wide awake, dark circles under her eyes to show she hadn't slept at all, and waiting for them at the entrance. Her face dropped upon seeing what little forces they had left and how many lives they had lost.

"What happened?" Lucy asked whilst tearing up.

"Ask him!" Peter pointed to Caspian with an accusational finger. The first thing Lucy noticed was that his finger, his hands and clothes for that matter, were covered in a crimson liquid. Blood.

"Peter," Susan warned.

Caspian's brows furrowed, "Me? You could've called it off, there was time."

"No there wasn't, thanks to you! If you had kept to the plan then those soldiers would be alive!" Peter stopped himself from speaking.

Alex, who had been seriously slacking in her tired and weak state, pushed through the crowds to see the commotion.  She felt Edmund's head lean on her wounded shoulder tiredly, even though she felt a course of pain string through her arm she fought back her wince so he could rest. The whole army was both tired from their night of fighting and marching home and they were mourning the loss fo friends and family.

"And if we had just stayed here like I suggested they definitely would be," Caspian shouted back.

"You called us, remember?"

There was silence as Caspian stepped back, "That was my first mistake."

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

She couldn't take it anymore. Alexandra felt her body stumble as she tried to take a step forward and Susan already at her side to support her by taking her elbow. "Alex, are you okay? You look pale."

"I'm fine," she uttered with a dry mouth as she tried to take another step, stumbling once more.

"Hey!" Caspian shouted, making Alex's head ring painfully, "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

Peter had lost it, pointing his accusation finger at Caspian again, "You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to lead than Miraz does. You. Him. Your father. Narnia is better off without the lot of you."

Both boys had drawn their swords in a matter of seconds, the tip of the blade pointing at the other.

"Stop it!" Edmund screamed at them as a Minotaur pushed through the crowd with Trumpkin's lifeless body in his arms. Lucy was immediately at his side and dropping a dash of her healing cordial into the mouth of the dwarf and waiting for him to wake.

"These people have lost enough today," Alex muttered with her head falling onto Susan's shoulder weakly, "Let them rest and mourn without all this bickering."

"Alex?" Peter called out upon noticing her weak state. Her skin, if possible, looked to be paler than normal, the bags under her eyes darker and the only colour on her body seem to come from the gash on her arm; blood staining both her skin and her shirt. He slowly approached her but all she could see was a figure through her blurred vision. "Alex, are you okay?"

She stumbled once more and fell into his arms. He looked up to his sisters as Trumpkin started to wake up to speak to Lucy. "When was the last time she ate or slept?"