thirty five.

35

FAITH IS RESTORED

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

By the time that the Narnian troops, with the Kings, Queen, Prince and Crimson Knight at the front, had reached the river, they noticed that the Telmarines stood idly in fear of crossing the river. Alex would have laughed about so many soldiers, including cavalry, being scared of Lucy standing on the bridge holding her dagger in her hand. She would have if it wasn't such a dire situation.

Alexandra watched as Lucy's face, even from the great distance between the two, contorted into a wicked little grin. "I taught her well," she laughed.

It was in that moment that Aslan, in all his glory, joined Lucy's side at the other end of the bridge. His golden mane glistening under the rays of the sun. Beside him, Lucy looked like a true lioness with her own hair glistening in the sun and waving in the wind.

One of Miraz's loyal Telmarine generals roared in anger and charged on horseback across the bridge, the Telmarines having no other choice but to join him. Those who couldn't fit on the bridge were running through the water with their swords raised.

Yet, they didn't even make it half way across the bridge before Aslan was roaring with his teeth snarling. It was then that the soldiers stopped charging and the water started to drain from the river; leaving the soldiers in the river confused. 

Suddenly, they started retreating and shouting in fear as all the water from the river collected together in the form of a giant River God. All the waves clashed against his chin in curls of what appeared to be a long beard. He started swimming up the river to the bridge to scare the enemies, most of who had already jumped in the river in fear, which only left the most daring soldiers on the bridge. Those met a different fate. 

The most loyal Telmarines stayed on the bridge, swinging their swords at the River God as he collapsed in on himself. The fate of those soldiers was never talked about in common conversation.

"I told you," Alex looked to her side at Peter who just smiled and placed his arm on her shoulder to bring her in for a tight embrace.

"At least you didn't sacrifice yourself this time," he mumbled into her hair, causing the rest of them to chuckle.

"Come on," she pushed away jokingly, "We have work to do."

It took almost an hour to make all the Telmarines surrender their weapons, collect their masks and bundle them off in different directions where they would most likely never hold a sword again. Those that were still reluctant were tied up to serve prison sentences until they surrendered.

All four of the royals and Alex wadded across the river without caring how silly they looked having to fight the current in their armour. They stopped in front of Lucy and Aslan on the other side of the river. Alexandra was perhaps the first to drop to her knee before the others did the same.

"Rise," he spoke proudly, causing the three siblings and Alex to stand to their feet; the only one who stayed kneeling was Caspian. "All of you."

Caspian finally looked up with a few wounds on his face from the fight, "I do not think I am ready."

"It's for that very reason I know you are," he responded, making Caspian finally stand to his feet.

Alex couldn't help but begin to feel a cloud of fear in her chest. It wasn't fear in the sense that something bad was waiting around the corner. It was fear of everything coming to an end. A true end.