epilogue.

00

EPILOGUE

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Mother, could you tell us one more story before bed?" Tatiana asked as Alex pushed her fiery red hair behind her daughter's ears, "Just one more and we promise to go to sleep."

"Didn't you all say that five stories ago?" Peter asked from across the room where he sat at the bottom of Antares' bed.

Alex laughed as she glanced around the room. An honest smile formed on her face as her eyes crossed over all three of her daughter's beds. Not only had she been blessed with meeting the love of her life, but she had been blessed with three perfect daughters; Tatiana, Antares and Aurora. They certainly stood out among all their cousins with their flaming red hair; piecing, emerald eyes; and Narnian names.

"Just one more, father, please!" Aurora, the youngest of the three, giggled as he met her eyes. He looked up to his wife who just laughed.

"Just this one and then I want to hear your snoring by the time I finish!" he shouted playfully and sat next to his wife in the window of the Kirke family manor.

"There once existed a magical land sealed behind the back of a magical wardrobe. This land was not made for mere mundane eyes and it took the bravest, most courageous of children to find it. This land was-"

"Narnia!" all three children chorused sleepily though entertained with the idea of getting another tale.

"-Narnia," Alex finished with a smile as she felt Peter wrap an arm over her shoulder, "In this land there roamed Talking Beasts, Centaurs, Regals, Dryads, Fairies, Fauns and many other being; all too mystical to describe. But evil lurked behind the shadows. For the most wicked witch of all had so much hatred and selfishness in her heart that she cursed the land for a hundred years in which the Narnians cowered in fear at her name."

"There was only five children out there who could free these Narnians," Peter continued as he watched his daughters slowly drift off to sleep as they told the sixth stories of the night, "These children fought the greatest battle of time."

Alex felt Peter place his palm on her stomach where their fourth child was growing. He looked down at her lovingly and kissed her cheek as she continued the story for him.

"And they did it all with the help of the greatest lion to ever live, Aslan. He was much larger, much wiser and much more perceptive than any human or Talking Beast to ever exist in the history of Narnia or Earth. He convinced these five children that they were the key to breaking the curse. If it wasn't for Aslan, these children would have never defeated the Witch and freed their friends from the eternal winter that plagued their land."

"-But if it hadn't been for the sacrifice of one of the children then it would have never worked. This heroine fought against not only the Witch, but her own fear too. And that was when the oldest of the other four children fell in love."

Alex looked up at Peter as he spoke.

"The children defeated the witch and became the greatest kings, queens and knights that Narnia had ever seen. Narnia lived in peace for hundred of years under their leadership. In their stead, the country was ruled under Caspian and his long line of children. The end."

Alexandra and Peter Pevensie looked over the three sleeping children who snored loudly. Both of the parents smiled sincerely. They quietly tip-toed across the wooden floor as to not suddenly wake them on the way to the door, blowing out the candles as they left.

"One more?" Tatiana asked just as they reached the door.