twenty five.

25

FORGIVENESS

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Reuniting with her people under the moonlight was almost as peculiar to the Narnians as it was for Alexandra. For her, the Narnians had been her sanctuary since the very beginning of the retched winter that cursed their land. But for them, Alex was a ray of hope amongst the storm clouds brewing above them.

All their faith and confidence had disappeared as hatred started to rise through their ranks at the pure sight of a Telmarine, Caspian to be exact. If only they knew that his intentions were much more pure and selfless than they initially thought. Though they both could understand the hatred leaving the Narnian's lips in the forms of shouts and threats. They called him a liar and a murderer, but even Alex could make out much more vulgar words.

"All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik thrust his finger to Caspian and many glances were thrown to Alex who leaned against a tree and inspected the horn in her hands with memories flooding her senses.

"I didn't steal anything," Caspian retaliated defeatedly, only for a Minotaur to interrupt.

"Didn't steal anything? Shall we list the things the Telmarine's have stole?"

Alexandra's ears perked up as the Narnians started to list things together, their shouts coming out as battle cries due to their anger and built up hatred.

"Our homes!"

"Our land!"

"Our freedom!"

"Our lives!"

"You stole Narnia!"

Caspian had tears welling up in his hazel eyes as their shouts almost frightened him; he tried to hide it, to act tough, but it failed miserably. Alex was trained to see fear and to sense it in battle, and Caspian was a huge give away. With each shout he would take a troubled step back or let his fist curl inwards.

"You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?" he asked to no one in particular, perhaps to everyone.

"Accountable... And punishable," Nikabrik snarled as he jumped from a rock to approach the young prince with a threatening glare.

In such a short amount of time, Alex had learned two prominent things about the Narnians around her. One of them being that they wouldn't stop until they had their revenge for all of the hundreds of years of banishment and torment they received from the Telmarines. And the other was that they had forgotten the truth of what it meant to be a Narnian.

To be a Narnian was much more than to be of Narnia. It was to love and accept the differences between species but more importantly the bond that had been forged. It was to be respectful and caring of the land that they loved to much, to treat the very dirt beneath their feet or air flowing around them with as much respect as they would hope to receive. But more importantly it was to put aside any hatred to defeat the common goal, because Narnians were proud and courageous beings and they refuse to stop fighting for what they believe in- even if they become immune to the truth every once in a while.

Alexandra broke from her thoughts once more upon hearing Reepicheep draw his pointed and shimmering, yet small and threatening, blade from around his body, "Ha! That is rich coming from you, dwarf! Have you forgotten that it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"

"And I'd gladly do it again," Nikabrik flicked the blade away with his finger, "If it would rid us of these barbarians."

This seemed to catch Trufflehunter's attention as, in his wounded state, he neared the quarrelling group, "Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back. Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan now?"