ten.

10

THE TRUTH

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"I demand to know what the Witch meant," Alex directed bravely and strongly, she needed to know what the words meant and why, "What did she mean when she said that I wouldn't be the first Dawson to die on the Stone Table?"

Aslan took a long stride around the circular table before taking a hopeless seat on the floor as he overlooked the map of Narnia that had wooden figures to represent certain battalions within both armies so they could plan out an attack, or try to at least.

"Aslan?" her voice softened once she realised the expression that washed over his face. It was one that she had seen many times in others and even in her self. He had no hope.

"In return of the Witch renouncing her claim to Edmund, I will take his place. There is to be no discussion with the Pevensie children and you are the only one who is allowed to know because I trust you," he responded quietly as he continued to look over what he and General Oreius had planned out, "I trust you to make the right decision with what you already know as your incentive, do you understand?"

Although Alex had no idea what the lion was on about, she simply nodded her head so that he could continue with his words and she was shocked that he actually answered her question, "You are not the first of your line to step through those wardrobe doors, in fact, your uncle and your mother became legends within Narnia. Digory Kirke was unable to return to Narnia but your mother, she had unfinished business to attend to within these lands so she was allowed back through. But she wasn't the same fighter that these lands knew her as; she was different. This was only when you were a baby so you wouldn't remember her leaving you so frequently as she did, but almost like clockwork she would return here every year on October 7th."

The girl's eyes widened, "They both died on October 7th."

"Only one of your parents died in that house fire in October and that was your father. Florence Dawson, on the other hand, walked through the forests of Narnia one last time. Only this time with the weight of the world on her shoulders and despair in her heart. You see, your father was never the same when he returned from the front lines before everyone else; people would ignore him and say hateful things but they didn't know that he had his own battle going on," Aslan watched as the girl's face continued to change with each expression, some of them he could recognise as she remembered back to some of her earliest memories, "No one here blames your mother, that is important for you to know, what she did does not reflect onto you either. Florence came to Narnia in search of a cure to what was going on with Robert, sadly Jadis was the only person to comply with her cries. In return of your mother taking back the Witch's wand, Jadis would create a cure."

"All traitors belong to Jadis," Alex wondered out loud and only earned a nod from the lion whose eyes teared up ever so lightly, "So she manipulated my mother only to kill her?"

Silence fell upon them as they were both lost in thought. A loud sob soon ripped through the stiffness in the air.

"I should have told you sooner but I know that if I did then-"

"Then I wouldn't stop until I had my revenge which would just create a bigger issue because then I would be trapped with this curse and there would be no way to reverse it if she died before we managed to figure this out," Alex wiped her eyes and stood up to leave the room, only she hadn't finished what she was going to say, "There isn't a way for this to all get dealt with, is there? I'm going to be stuck like this forever."