prologue.

00

PROLOGUE

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Doctor Cornelius paced around his study anxiously, awaiting the news that caused so much fear and anticipation to flow through his veins. The ever growing, shrill screams from Prunaprismia as she continued to give birth to her child echoed throughout the castle. Apart from her cries, the world was silent. Yet, even the screams came to a stop to signify that the child of Miraz had been born.

That was until Ernest yanked the heavy door open to meet eye to eye with Cornelius, the man's oldest friend. Both of them were elderly and shared a secret much stronger that anyone could understand; they were part Narnian.

"It's a boy," her croaked out with empathy, they both knew what this meant.

Cornelius just nodded his head to his friend and ushered him inside to avoid any further suspicion from Miraz and his men; he was under fire enough for his suspected study of magic. Ernest, the Doctor's closest friend, glanced around the dimly lit office before his eyes set on something precisely in the centre of the room that was hidden underneath a large blanket.

Curiosity got the best of the man as he pulled the sheet back and an audible gasp left his wrinkled lips. "Cornelius, do you know how much trouble you will be in when Miraz finds out about this?"

The older man just shook off the idea of getting caught, "Do you really think that Caspian would make it alone out there? The boy has hardly been outside of the walls and the only thing that he knows about the remainder of the Narnians is from us. They won't trust a Telmarine-"

"So you think they will trust this?" he almost shouted but lowered his voice to the noise of multiple footsteps running past the solitude of his office, "We are running out of time to save the boy."

Cornelius once again nodded his head, "I know, which is why we need this to work. Even if he makes it past those walls and into the forest he will be the biggest target in the whole of Narnia. Who better to protect him than the Crimson Knight?"

Both elderly men stepped towards the glass shelter that belonged to Alexandra Dawson, their eyes peering through the glass to see her still body; that of a teenager. In all the hundreds of years, her body had been kept safe and untouched by anyone or anything, even the Telmarines were to frightened to try and disrupt her eternal slumber. Therefore she was left locked in the deepest and darkest of dungeons below their castle.

Until now.

"Now would be a great time for you to wake up," Cornelius muttered as he opened the glass to wake the knight up.