fifteen.

15

A TROUBLESOME YEAR

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

With a gasp, the girl awoke in a foreign land. For as far as her grey eyes could see, Alexandra could only make out the soft splash of still water as her feet moved on the surface of it all. It was a strange feeling at first, walking on water. It made the girl feel lifeless and weightless as if she was as light as air.

"What-" she muttered in disbelief as she continued to look down at her body. Where there had just been her bloodied armour from the war, there was now a dress as white as her hair that flowed loosely around her knees.

Alex shifted her attention to in front of her where she could once again see water, but this time it was built up in a wall that she could see clearly through the luminous blue. Behind the curtain of waves, a land that conveyed such beauty and power had been neatly situated without a single imperfection. Though her body was so far away, she could see how perfectly each blade of grass had been set or how each wisp of the clouds above fluffed in immaculate white beams.

"It isn't your time," a voice echoed throughout her head; the volume at first was overpowering yet so soft, it was almost enough to inflict pain, "Turn back now, whilst you still can."

"Who goes there?" Alex asked loudly as she turned around to attempt to find the source of the voice.

There was a gentle splash below her as a source of pure white energy burst through the surface of the water and floated up to be at the same height as Alex. She was in complete shock and awe. But that wasn't all, right before her eyes Alex watched as the ball of energy started to shift into the form of a small girl around the age of thirteen, "Take my hand," the girl smiled at Alex truly, "I will return you to Narnia."

"We aren't in Narnia?"

The girl simply turned to face the land behind the water, her brunette curls swaying weightlessly behind her, "We are far from it but not far at all. We are below and we are above. We are within but also without."

"That-" Alex's brows tugged up with confusion, "That makes no sense at all, how could that even be possible?"

"This land is the most sacred within the whole universe, Alexandra Dawson. You too will be here one day, but now is not the time. Now you have to return to Narnia to finish what you have started. There are people there that need you to wake up," her hazel eyes turned back to Alex who continued to be confused, "Just take my hand, we can go back."

"We? I don't even know your name," Alex stepped towards the curtain of water that compelled her forward.

"My name is Tatiana, that is all you need to know."

Without listening to what the girl was saying, Alex's hand reached out for the water and watched as it frayed away from her finger to open a rift to the mystical land that she craved to visit.

"Alexandra!" Tatiana called out abruptly with fear dripping with each word, "This is a one-way ticket, once you travel past the walls then you may never return. Not even at the call of Susan's horn. You may- Alexandra!"

Tatiana ran forward and gripped the girl's hand to pull her back, earning a cold glare from Alex who looked as if she would harm if Tatiana went any further with the threats.

"Let go of me!" Lexi tried to pull her hand away from the tightening grip of the girl who's eyes started to glow the brightest blue she had ever seen, even brighter than her own when under the Witch's influence.