six.

06

OPEN BOOK

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Alexandra glared behind her where the three siblings sat on a rock, talking about the new land that they found themselves in and their missing brother. On the other hand, Alex sat alone. It wasn't until the two beavers joined her side with solemn expressions that she looked up from the blade of the axe that she had been studying for hours on end.

"What's troubling you, my dear?" Mrs Beaver asked and jumped onto the fallen tree that Alex had been resting on for several minutes and playing with the locket around her neck, never once opening it. Both Narnians shared a quick glance at the reluctance from the girl, "You can tell us anything."

"Do you think that Aslan will blame me for everything that I have done in Narnia?" Alex turned to face the beavers that held paws, neither of them wanting to answer the question, "I mean, how could he? I've done things - killed. I wouldn't forgive me, so why should he?"

Mr Beaver placed his paw on the girl's hand, "Everyone in Narnia knows what happened. None of it was your fault. What the Witch did to you has put you under her spell and you couldn't resist the obligation that you needed to fulfil. It caused you pain every time you tried not to listen to her."

"If I had just kept out of that room and away from the wardrobe then none of this would have happened."

"And then we wouldn't have been here either," Peter stepped up to the girl to leave his sisters, "We all have a purpose here, you do too."

Alex watched as the beavers jumped down from the rock to give them some privacy, "Well that's easy for you to say when you are literally part of a prophecy to save the land. But what am I here for? I guess that I should start calling you Peter the Saviour."

"Please, don't," he smirked towards her but she could tell that he secretly enjoyed the name, "I just wanted to come and apologise for me being ignorant earlier, I could see that you wanted to be alone and yet I decided to go against that to talk to you. So for that, I am sorry."

Alexandra just laughed at him, "Is that all what you really think? That I want to be alone?" she took his silence as a yes but the smirk on her face never dimmed, "Peter, I have been alone all these years and now that there are actual humans here to talk to I just have no idea how to react. I've learned to be a closed book."

"You don't have to be," he insisted but got a confused furrow of the brows from the girl, "A close book, I mean. You don't have to be."

"If only I had thought of that sooner," she joked and they both laughed before it slowed down into nothing but silence once again, "I guess I was a closed book because I had no one to talk to."

"You do now."

Alex genuinely smiled at him, "Alright, well. Honestly, I have no idea where to start because this is a story about literally 98 years long."

They both adjusted on the rock that they leaned on so that they were comfortable, behind them the beavers and two Pevensie girls watched as Alex finally opened up about her life. The four thought that it was best to give them some privacy so they went back to talking lightly between them, though Susan would occasionally spare a glance over Lucy's shoulder to watch at them interact.

"Well, as you know, I am Digory Kirk's niece. My mother was his much younger adopted sister but he never treated her that way. They were the closest regardless of the big age gap between them. So when both my parents died, I was sent off to this expensive boarding school far away from London where I would only see my uncle during the holidays. He had every intention to adopt me but just before he could, I found the wardrobe whilst I was staying with him for Christmas.