one.

01.

MOTHER DEAREST

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Alexandra!" the queen yelled throughout the ice castle, startling the girl who tried to focus on her training. The young 'princess' took her blade in her calloused hand once more, hitting it against the ice walls that were as hard as diamond and not even the sharpest of weapons could even scratch the surface, "Alexandra!"

With a groan, she sheathed her sword at her belt, leaving her room that often felt more like a cell than a place of comfort. There weren't  a lot of comforts to be found in a room of ice, it was basic knowledge.

Her boots clicked along the frosted floors and all the way to the throne room where she had found the Queen sitting on her throne, her sceptre in hand with the same evil glare over her face as always. "Yes?" she asked the woman who could appear to be her mother at first glance, they had the same pale skin from the lack of sunlight, the same white hair and the exact mirror of a cold frown on their faces.

"We have had heard whispers through the trees from that faun by the lampost, he has caught a human. You need to go and collect the human and bring them here, understood?" she commanded, hitting the top of the sceptre in her palm over and over to come across as intimidating, but it was all just a façade. A bad one at that.

"Of course," she bowed her head and turned, the white coat trailing behind her with every step.

"Of course, what?"

A gulp travelled down her throat cautiously, "Of course, mother."

The wind picked up in her white hair as Alexandra ran through the frosted woods, the weight of her sword merely weighing her down. She had been the only human to be spotted in Narnia for years. The magical land had lost all hope until the myth of the red-haired girl erupted in their chatter, they thought that she could break the curse on the land. But the original prophecy needed four humans, not one.

But all hope had been lost after the Witch had cast a new spell over the land; over her. One that frosted over her heart, draining all colour from her hair and all faith in the stories her family had told her as children. The white hair wasn't the only thing that changed within the girl, she had been frozen in time for many years, ageing as she would if she had never stepped through the wardrobe, dooming the girl to watch the realm die around her.

Within minutes she had sprinted from the castle and through the snow, watching as Narnians retreated in fear before realising who it was. Alex's gloved hands banged on Mr Tumnus' home, hearing the frightened chatter within the walls.

It was a good minute or two before he opened it, an audible sigh leaving her lips at the sight of her, "My goodness! Alex, I thought it was the Witch and not you, if only I had known then I would have invited you in. What brings you here?"

"I think you know what, Tumnus," the girl stepped into his home, immediately noticing the dim lights, "She has sent me."

"Whatever for?" he closed the door behind them, only after peering through the trees not long before to make sure that they weren't being watched.

On the other hand, Lexi's eyes searched the home from where she sat by the fireplace, her eyes instantly falling down to her feet where a cup of tea had been spilt on his carpet. She would have thought nothing of it until she found the other one of the table, he had a guest and she could only guess that it was the human from the rumours carried through the trees.

"The human, we need to get it to safety before she sends the wolves to do my job. Only they won't be as kind as I am," she stood back up to her boots, leaving a snowy trail behind her, and pulled a cushion from his couch not too far away, finding the hiding frame of a child, a girl no older than ten, "By Aslan's roar! I never thought that I'd see another human with my own eyes. Come out child, I won't hurt you."