two.

02. 

THE PEVENSIE CHILDREN

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

It had been two weeks since Lucy Pevensie had left Narnia and since then, no one had set eyes on their 'princess' since that day - not even the trees heard whispers of her name. That night, the Witch had stormed into her room and punished the girl until the whole of Narnia heard her screams.

But today was different, Alex could feel it in her bones that something was happening in Narnia. There was going to be change.

A knock echoed around the Beaver's small, wooden cabin before abruptly halting as if waiting for someone to open the door. When Mrs Beaver complied, she was surprised to see the young monarch standing solemnly with despair written over her face in bold.

"By Aslan! Alex, you will freeze to death!" the Narnian screamed and pulled the girl in with her paws and shutting the door behind her carefully, "We haven't seen you in weeks and you show up with no coat! Are you mad?"

"Mrs Beaver, you know that I don't feel the cold," Alexa almost laughed, something she hadn't done in what felt like years because it was. Ever since she had arrived in Narnia, Alexandra had changed. She had always known that it wasn't the land that had the effect, it was the piece of ice in her heart that was bestowed upon her by the White Witch herself, "I'm fine, really."

"Are you hungry?" Lexi shook her head and let the white curls fall past her face, her grey eyes searching around the hut for the other Narnian but couldn't see him anywhere.

The beaver placed a cup of warm tea in front of the girl who sat on a stool beside the table, "Mr Beaver went out this morning, most likely with the badgers again."

Alex nodded her head and sipped the tea, feeling it travel down her throat and almost soothing her whole body. The only time that she was close to feeling warmth, was outside the castle walls or when she was as far away from the Witch as possible; even then the snow and ice would chill the air but it would never make the girl cold. Despite her inability to get cold or warm, Lexi craved to feel the heat rise from the flames from the fire but when she scooted over, she still couldn't feel the effects on her body.

Both females heard footprints outside, they assumed that it was just Beaver returning home, "You stay here, love. I'll see what Mr Beaver has been up to."

Alexandra nodded and finished her tea, her hands now rising to the flames in hopes that the flames would finally radiate some of the heat to her body but it didn't. The girl waited for the beavers to return but it felt like a while.

"Mr Beaver?" she asked and stood to her feet, still having to lower her head to avoid hitting it on the wooden ceiling and bringing the whole cabin down.

There was silence until the door opened once more and in stepped Mrs Beaver, followed by not one, not two, not even three, but four children. Four very human children. Alexandra noticed the innocent face of Lucy Pevensie first, and then the more mature face of an older girl who's brown hair curled around her rosy, apple cheeks. Behind the two girls she saw a boy with hair as gold as what she had expected Aslan's mane to be. The boy looked to be the same age as Alex, but the darker haired male behind him looked to be a few years older than Lucy and the second youngest of the siblings. Lexi could tell that they were siblings because of the similar nose shapes and the way that they walked as if they were protecting each other.

"Princess Alexandra!" Lucy gasped out and threw her body onto the girl's legs in an embrace with her head resting on the silk of the Dawson girls dress, which she had cut into a loose-fitting shirt but the golden bodice was still evident. Dark material covered her legs in trousers, something that Susan found to be rather peculiar.