heartbreak Cassian x daughter reader

Requested by AryaRosePotter I hope you enjoy!

Also quick note, no ACOSF spoilers in the comments, you guys are amazing so I know you would never do that but still. Thank you for your understanding. :)

You dare not talk about what happened between you and your partner just last night. All you wanted was your mother and your warm bed.

"Y/n I know it hurts, they were your first love, but it will be alright." Your mother Nesta smiled, stroking your hair.

"How?' You sniffed. "They left."

"I know, but you will have many more loves, most won't work out, but eventually you will find your one and only. Your mate."

"That's super rare, there's no guarantee that I'll find them."

"Don't say that, I have faith that you will."

"I don't."

"You say that now, but I think a little time to heal your broken heart will change your perspective a bit."

"I'm not heartbroken."

"Whatever you say my dear."

She stayed with you until you had cried all you could and fell asleep. Your father came home late and trudged into your room ready to lecture you about how you needed sleep, but on he fond his mate cradling you in her arms and your tear stained face. "What happened?" He asked worriedly.

"Her first breakup."

Fury grew in his heart. "Did they cheat on her?"

"No you mother hen they didn't, they just didn't feel the same about her as she did them anymore and they didn't want to lead her on and make things worse. So they broke up with her."

"They were together so long."

"I know, I was there."

"How could someone not love her. I don't understand."

"Maybe better she's not their child? Our love for her and their love for her are very different things."

"I know but-"

"Cass, it's done. They broke up with her, it's not like you can time travel and make them change their mind."

He sighed, running his hand over his face. "You're right Nes. I just wish the split hadn't made her cry."

"Almost every person's first breakup makes them cry, they're young and think the relationship will last forever."

He held your face and kissed your forehead. "I love you Y/n, I'm sorry I couldn't have protected you from this."

Nesta just smiled and shifted a bit. "Here, something tells me she'll need you when she wakes up."

They swapped places and you were now asleep against your father's chest, his wings cocooned around the both of you. He wouldn't have it any other way.

******

You awoke much more muscular arms wrapped at you, and wings directly next to your head. You obviously knew it was your father because of his dumb snoring, but you still liked his warmth and protection.

Unfortunately, not only did he like to snore, he was also a light sleeper, so your slight stirring awoke him. "Hey princess."

"Good morning dad."

His force got a bit softer. "I heard what happened, I'm sorry."

"I don't want to talk about it." Was your only response.

"Well, what do you want to do then?"

"Stay here a bit longer. It's warm."

He kissed your hair. "Your wish is my command."

You stared at the wall for a while. "Dad?"

"Yes Y/n?"

"Why did they not love me like I loved them?" You asked, a bit choked up.

The question turned his heart to glass. "Some people just grow out of each other I guess."

You buried your face in his chest as your shoulders shook with sobs. "Why was it me?"

"I don't know princess." He answered honestly. "I really don't know."

He stroked your hair and held you tightly, drying your tears when all was said and done. "It will be alright I promise, maybe not for a while, but someday."

"That sounds like mom's line." You sniffed, laughing through remnants of tears.

"She's rubbed off on me since we've been together." He smiled softly. "Why don't we try to go back to sleep? It's not even dawn."

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

You both drifted off again and by the time you got downstairs for breakfast, you found all kinds of stuff from the inner circle. "What is this?" You laughed lightly.

"Your brother is the worst at keeping things quiet. He spilled what happened yesterday and everyone sent things to make you feel better."

You couldn't stay mad at your brother for long because the small gifts and flowers did make you feel better. "I really appreciate all of these." You admitted, quietly.

Your father slung an arm around your shoulders. "What do you say that after breakfast we hang out, just you and me?"

"I would love that."

"A date it is then my dearest Y/n." He declared dramatically.

"I love you dad." You smiled, leaning into his arm.

"I love you too. More than anything."

******

Hello my lovely readers I know it's been a while and I'm sorry that I keep disappearing on you all. I really hope that you enjoyed this one. Also I apologize if the parts seem out of order, no matter what I do my wattpad isn't letting me switching things around. I hope that you have a lovely evening everyone. :)