the fourth Archeron sister's mate

lovelyladymayy request Eris as the fourth Archeron sister's mate. I hope you enjoy! :)

It had happened so quickly no one knew what to think. It was my second Highlords meeting I had attended since joining my sisters in Velaris and the inner circle, and Beron's son Eris would not stop sliding his eyes over me as if you were his next meal.

Mor kept a watchful eye on the encounter and pulled you a bit closer to her. Everyone in the room seemed close to feral, and more on edge for some reason. And I knew it wasn't because we were in Autumn.

Of course everyone hated it here but it wasn't that bad once you took the high family out of the equation. No it was something else, something that everyone other than myself seemed to picked up on.

I just didn't expect all hell to break loose with a single sentence uttered by Feyre. "You can't have her."

Eris lunged at my sister and luckily Rhys and Cassian moved swiftly to subdue him.

When he was held on the floor he just looked at me, it felt like he was staring into my soul.

And then he was gone, forced to winnow by Cassian.

I walked over to my sister and wrapped my arms around hers. "Feyre, what was that?" I whispered.

She gave me a look. "You didn't hear anything?"

"No."

"Or feel anything?"

"No. All I know is Eris looked like he wanted to eat me."

Nesta strode over and gently pet my hair. "We'll explain later, it's not right to tell you when you're so shaken."

"Okay."

They took me home and we didn't do much else for the remainder of the afternoon, and I eventually ended up drifting off surrounded by everyone. I just wish I knew why everyone seemed to be so concerned.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"How do we tell her?"

"Should we even be considering this? It's Eris."

"Yes but the bond clicked between them, and ultimately it's her decision whether or not to accept him. Trust me Mor I despise him too, and Athena's so sweet that I couldn't bear to leave her with him, but she's an adult."

"He will eat her Feyre, she's weak and incredibly timid, he could kill her with a snap of his fingers."

"Do you really think I would ever want that scumbag as a brother-in-law? I don't but it's not up to me it's up to her. She is his mate, it's her decision."

Mor sat back and stewed for a minute. "If she accepts him he's never allowed to step foot in Velaris. I adore Athena and she can be here as much as she likes, but not him."

"And I'm certain she'll understand your stance and honor it, but that conversation only has to take place if she accepts him. We don't know how he will treat her so we just have to tread carefully."

"Okay. Fine."

Athena stirred a bit and the women smiled sadly. Why did it have to be him?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Athena are you sure you can do this alone? We can go with you."

"No it's okay." I smiled.

Feyre held my face in her hands. "We'll be watching from the wood, so if anything goes wrong just shout and we'll be here."