Promises and bonds

Hello my lovely readers it's an Azriel mating request today! If this was your request I truly hope that you enjoy! Also so sorry this took so long to the person who requested this.

"Az, come on it's Starfall! Let's have some fun."

He had been having headaches all day and was pretty checked out from the idea of partying in any context. "Y/N. I'm not in the mood."

You pulled him up from the couch anyway. "Just for an hour, I swear."

He just laughed, you had been friends since you were children and he knew refusing you rarely worked. "An hour. And then I'm coming back inside whether you like it or not."

"Deal."

You took him out to a more private balcony away from the main source of noise. Although their laughter and rowdy yells still floated up to your area occasionally.

"What exactly did you plan to do with me?" He smirked.

You playfully smacked his shoulder. "Nothing I just wanted to watch the stars with you. They say watching with someone is  supposed to bring good luck."

"And who's they?"

"I don't know, but I want good luck this year so just go with it."

The green lights began to streak across the sky, some stardust sprinkling down here and there. When you had your back turned to Azriel, you felt a quick pull and snap of a mating bond. You couldn't tell where it came from and when you turned to Azriel to see if it was him, but he had calm, blank expression on his face.

You just mated to someone and you had no idea who it was. You wanted to confide in the shadow singer, but he tried to get away from you as soon as it happened, making some silly excuse about some work he missed.

But you knew that to be a lie because he had been bragging about being ahead just yesterday. There was always a chance that he could be your mate, and if you had just been facing him when it happened you would have known for certain.

Azriel still reacted like nothing had happened so you did the same, though no one could deny that there was a new kind of tension between the two of you, and it wasn't good.

Your relationship was now filled with awkward passes in the hall and fumbled conversations whenever either of you tried to confront the problem. It was honestly just embarrassing.

Feyre pulled you aside one night before a rare dinner where everyone could get together. "Things haven't been the same since star fall. What happened?"

"I felt a bond snap."'

"With Azriel?" She gasped.

You shrugged. "I couldn't tell what direction it came from so I'm not sure who it was. I feel so stupid for not being able to tell."

She sighed. "I had to find out Rhys was my mate through a Suriel. It happens to the best of us, trust me."

"I just don't want to ruin dinner. It's been so busy lately we haven't all been together in so long."

She guided you over to the table and changed the seating last minute to accommodate you. You had fun with everyone, but you couldn't help but notice Azriel shooting glances at you throughout the whole affair.

You were all sat around, lounging and drinking when you noticed the shadow singer had disappeared.

And then you felt a pull in your mind.

You almost didn't notice it, but when it happened a second time you quickly excused yourself and followed wherever it would lead you. After a certain point you lost track of where you were until you stopped in front of the library.

You knew this was where you had to be.

You pushed the door open and searched again before you found Azriel near the back, standing in the middle of a reading area, with the biggest smile on his face.

You ran the short distance and jumped into his arms, your hair draping over his face as you kissed him. He pulled back first and rested his forehead on yours. "I wasn't sure at first either." He admitted. "But after a while I knew there was no way it was anyone else other than you."

"Well I still feel silly." You laughed breathlessly. "You were right behind me and I couldn't tell."

"They we're right. Watching star fall with someone does bring good luck." He joked.

You had never loved anyone as much as you loved him, as much as you had always loved him, even when you were children.

"Be mine for all of eternity." You replied quietly.

You were nervous for his response, but you knew deep down what words would cross his lips.

"Always and forever I am yours. No matter what."

—————

Hey everyone one last thing. I would LOVE to know what you all want to see more of from me. More mating stories? More goofy scenarios? More heartbreaking stories? Let me know with either a comment or you can direct message me on here I really don't mind. If you stuck around to read this part I appreciate you immensely. See you all next update! :)