Az x reader

Requested by bluecheesymoons3, I hope you enjoy! So sorry it took so long!

"The inner circle is visiting today, so you lot better make us look good." Devlon warned. "Or you will be forced to work overtime."

"How about you actually train us and putting up this facade wouldn't be necessary?" I snapped, earning a groan from the other females.

"Why can't you just follow his rules?" My bestfriend Iris sighed.

"Maybe because they're crap?"

"Well if you did you wouldn't be stuck with a bunch of remedial chores at the end of their visits. You know I adore you Y/n but you should really consider dialing it back for your own sake."

"Hell no." I whispered. "I would sooner be shot with a bloodbane arrow."

"Of course you would." Shs sighed. "Just please don't get us in hot water with Devlon alright? You may voice your concerns, but don't do it while he's in the vicinity."

"Very well." I agreed. "I will try my best to keep Devlon under wraps when it comes to my intentions."

"Thank you, that is all I can hope for."

The large training room doors screeched loudly as they opened, the hinges old and in need of repair. The inner circle's shadowsinger Azriel and General commander Cassian walked in confidently and scanned our lineup.

The shadowsinger's eyes fell on me and he carefully scanned the several siphons that I wore, seemingly intrigued. He only moved his eyes away when General Cassian addressed the group.

"Good afternoon ladies, it is lovely as always to see you." He wore a charming smile that made my stomach turn, it didn't even reach his eyes which was just sad.

Of course he had literally fought in Hybern, so maybe I shouldn't judge him too harshly, mother knows what that man has seen.

The shadowsinger remained stoic, and he held himself just as anyone would expect a soldier to. He seemed more intent on listening for something around us than his brother.

I opted to stare blankly at the wall in front of me, vaguely listening to the speech until Devlon snapped his fingers in front of my face without warning.

That did not end well for him.

My instincts worked before my conscious mind could catch up, and Devlon was flipped onto the floor.

The room went silent and the inner circle males just stared at me. "I regret nothing." I stated bluntly.

"Y/n!" Iris hissed quietly. "You were supposed to behave!"

"I never agreed to that, I agreed to voicing my concerns only when he wasn't around. Not to mention I was spaced out and he got to close. I saw him as a threat."

"He is going to kill you when he regains consciousness. I mean that very literally."

"It would be better if he just dropped dead." I mumbled.

An unconscious Devlon was taken to the infirmary by two guards and the speech continued without issue. Though I noted the shadowsinger keeping a closer eye on me for whatever reason.

Did he see me as a threat? Or maybe an ally? I wasn't sure, all I knew was I had to get this damned supervised training session over before Devlon unleashed is fury on me.

Devlon's second, my brother Kyran came to observe as a replacement for Devlon and he just flashed me a cheeky smirk when he walked in.

He seemed to get on well with the inner circle males, maybe Kyran should replace Devlon, cauldron knows the conditions here would improve immensely.

"Hey dumbass!" Kyran shouted at me with a smile. "Get over here for a second."

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly trudged over and he immediately set the lower arm on the top of my head. "This my friends is my sister Y/n, as you have no doubt witnessed, she and Devlon do not get along at all."

"Yes it was quite the spectacle."

"She might look petite, but she can kill a man thrice her size, be careful gentlemen."

"Which I have never done because that is a crime." I shouted after him as he strode away.

"Yeah whatever!" He yelled back, waving a hand. "Just don't commit murder while I'm here, I don't want to have to testify at your trial as a witness."

"Your faith in me is astronomical, thanks."

"Wow you two have an interesting relationship."

"He's decent, but he can be stupid."

The General commander Cassian just smiled. "Well anyway, Azriel here as volunteered ever so graciously to make sure you don't shatter a siphon during training. Especially given that Devlon absolutely refuses to train the females regularly."

"I train with Kyran mostly, I would wish to be decapitated before I would train with that dick."

The shadowsinger coughed to stifle what I assumed was a laugh and we got to work.

I was fine in every training area other than archery which I was awful at. "I was hoping to find something I could help you with, I was worried it would never be found." He smirked standing behind me. "Here, let me help to guide your hands."

He wrapped his massive hands around mine and practically caused them to disappear into his palms.

His breath pulsed steadily on my neck and I immediately felt hotter.

He was doing something to me that I had never experienced, what was this?

He pulled the bow so far back that I my elbow brushed his shoulder. Damn it. I couldn't be doing this, he was an inner circle member and I was a camp female. These thoughts were never going to come to fruition.

The arrow slammed into the target with a loud thump, snapping me from the fog in my mind. "See? It's not so hard."

I smiled, shaking all of those silly notions away. "Yeah. You're right."

Hello my lovely readers! It feels AMAZING to finally be able to be back and I can't wait for you to see what's to come. :)

P.s lovelyladymayy I am working on your request right now so it should be up by tomorrow! I hope you enjoyed this while you're waiting. :)