Nesta x female reader part 2

A/N: Just a heads up, this one's gonna get a bit dark.

As you finished your duties for the day, you heard from some of the maids that the letter had been a meeting request from the inner circle. Rumor had it that Beron immediately lit it on fire.

This fact is why you were so startled when you saw Nesta in your room in the servant's quarters. "What are you doing here?" You demanded in a low tone.

"Azriel said people were watching the old meeting spot. He suspects it's Beron's men." She explained. "But apparently they need an update on the letter."

"He lit it on fire according to the maids."

She went quiet for a moment. You assumed someone was speaking into her mind. "Feyre says that's what they expected. It's a good development."

"Why? What did they do to it?"

She shrugged like she was getting bored. "I wasn't there when they did it. Just know that it's what they wanted and go from there."

You were absolutely baffled. This was the first non insulting conversation you'd had with this woman and she wasn't taking it the slightest bit seriously. You gripped her shoulders. "You do realize a bad turnout could cause another war, don't you?"

Her gaze turned hard. "Don't talk to me about war, I was on the field during Hybern."

"So was I. And yet I'm the only one regarding this with any sort of concern." You spat.

Gods she made your fury burn bright with the way she spoke. "I'm not concerned because Feyre says that's what they wanted. What they expected from him. And right now it's between trusting them and Beron. I pick the side my sisters stand on."

"And you think I'd pick the side of the psychopath?"

"I'm just saying you should have a little bit more faith in the people you claim to swear loyalty to. Somehow I look more solid in my convictions than you and I haven't trusted Rhysand since the day I met him."

"You're infuriating, I hope you realize that." You huffed.

"I've heard worse. Just do what you're assigned to and stop whining. You said yourself that we all have a part to play."

As she turned and Morrigan winnowed in, you caught the lack of bite to her words. She sounded tired. No. You refused to feel bad for her. Getting under your skin was her specialty.

You couldn't stop thinking of her even as you slept. All over a gods damned letter no less. Being put in the dark about their plans put you on edge, you didn't like being surprised.

You only hoped that whatever they were doing didn't end in a disaster.

———————————

You saw that over the course of the next several days, Rhysand continued to send letters. All of caused the same outcome until Beron finally was irritated enough to accept. At least that's what Lady Autumn said happened. He had apparently ranted to her for over an hour about it, and she of course did not interject in fear of retribution from him in his heated state.

So, a dinner in the great hall was planned and everyone worked feverishly to set it up on such sort notice. You readied Lady Autumn at dusk and then she scanned you. "No, that won't do."

"Pardon?"

"All personal attendants join the dinners to serve their employers and the guests. You can't wear that. You wear that everyday, it's expected."

"This is the only uniform I was given."

"You're an informant, aren't you good with disguises?"