Moving on Azriel x daughter reader

This is about Azriel's daughter telling him about her mate and moving to their court. If this was your request I hope you enjoy!

"Y/N don't look so worried. Your mother already supports the decision, I'm sure he will too."

You sighed, turning towards your mate. "I know, but I've just always cared about his opinion, it would crush me if my father didn't support the move. I guess I'm just nervous."

Your mate kissed your hair. "Have a little faith. I'm sure you'll be fine."

You went your separate ways and you met your parents in your favorite restaurant, Azriel looking as stoic as ever. And then he saw you. He smiled and greeted you warmly which felt like a punch to the gut with what you were going to tell him later.

Your mother sat beside you and squeezed your hand encouragingly. The conversation moved smoothly despite your anxiety and lunch cams and gone without you saying a word about your planned move. Luckily you had planned a whole day with them so that wasn't your only shot.

You went to stores and other places but for some reason, the words escaped you. They stayed on your tongue for most of the afternoon.

And then your worst fear came to light, your mother had to leave suddenly to help Feyre with something in her classes. You cursed the gods for leaving you alone with your father.

As you walked home, he said something that made your stomach plummet. "Is something on your mind Y/N? You've looked like you have something important to say since lunch."

"No, it's nothing." You replied quietly, wringing your hands nervously.

"It's something, and it's bothering you."

He sighed when you said nothing. "Y/N you can tell me anything, I'm not going to bite your head off."

You sighed and finally found your courage. You faced him. "I mated with someone and we want to move to their court together."

He blinked at you a few times and then burst out laughing. The kind of laugh that sent someone into a coughing fit. "It's not funny! I've been freaking out about telling you all day!" You scolded.

He draped his arm around your shoulders and kissed your hair once he composed himself. "Y/N you're an adult. You don't need my blessing."

"But you're opinion really matters to me."

He smiled. "Are they nice? Your mate?"

You nodded. "They're really caring and funny, kind of like Cassian and you mixed together."

"That sounds like a terrible combination." He joked.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "Whatever."

"But seriously Y/N. Even if you moved to Spring, which I hope you're not, your mother and I could visit whenever we wanted. You would have to come here if you wanted to see Rhys and Feyre though."

"I'll be back all the time, just because I'm moving doesn't mean I'll never return." You assured him.

He went quiet for a minute. "Did your mother know before me?"

"I didn't do it on purpose. I meant to tell you at the same time but mom is super sneaky. She found the listings for properties that we were looking at."

"Of course she did. And before you leave you have to bring your mate to dinner to meet everyone."

"I can't imagine how that would go wrong."

He smirked, a mischievous look gleaming in his eyes. "Neither can I."