inevitable introductions

Feysand's daughter introducing her mate to the inner circle requested by mileven353eggos, sorry it took so long and I hope you enjoy!

"Come on you guys! I'm not asking you to love him, I'm asking for you to be nice to him." You pleaded. "Just do it for me."

"Really Rhys, you can't be bitter about the fact that Y/n found her mate for the rest of your life." Your mother laughed. "I bet he's very sweet."

Your father, the most feared highlord in the whole of Pyrithian, was currently pouting in the corner. "I still don't like the idea of this."

Right now the household was divided, the females defended you, while every single male, including your older brother whom you trusted with everything, absolutely despised the fact that you had finally gotten into a romantic relationship that would quite literally, last the rest of your life.

"Cousin, can't you lot just listen to what your daughter has to say? Don't you pride yourself on being a good listener? You're not even giving the poor girl a chance to tell you about him."

Your father sat foward and sighed. "Alright, tell me about him. What's his name?"

"Elliot."

"What species is he?"

"Illyrian."

"Where is he from?"

"Velaris, but he travels a lot so you probably haven't seen him around much."

There was a sudden knock at the front door that paused your quickfire game of twenty questions and caused the room to go silent.

"I'll get it!" You volunteered happily.

You bolted down the stairs more or less tripping over yourself in order to get to the entryway.

Your mate seemed visibly relieved when you answered the door as opposed to anyone else. "You look beautiful Y/n."

You hugged his much taller frame in an effort to calm his nerves. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

He smiled softly down at you. "If we don't do it now then when will we?"

You took his shaky hands in yours, peppering kisses all over them. "They're all really nice I promise, it might just take a minute for some of them to warm up to you." You assured him.

You laced your fingers in his and led him to the upstairs common area where everyone was currently waiting.

Elliot being the precious gentle giant that he was, tensed at the several pairs of eyes that came upon him as both of you entered. "Everyone, this is Elliot."

"Hello." He greeted softly. "It's nice to meet you."

"Oh my stars you're so cute!" Mor exclaimed suddenly. "You're like a teddy bear." She laughed hugging him.

Elliot was a bit awkward in the beginning, but soon enough all of the females loved him, and even some of the males were starting to come around.

"See? It's not so bad." You smiled. "I'm really proud of you for doing this."

"You asked so nicely I couldn't very well say no."

"I'd never force you to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable, you know that silly." You laughed quietly. "Being able to do this was all you."

"Yeah, although I'm afraid that your father may still hate me."

"He's just being stubborn, he'll come around eventually."