Az x reader pt.2

This is the second part to the previous writing about Azzy boy the first part is just called Azriel x reader in case you haven't read it! Enjoy!

It had been a few months since the General Cassian and Shadowsinger Azriel came to the camp and things had mildly improved for the other females, but not you.

Devlon hated you even more than he did before so he piled on chore after chore, which greatly cut into your training time.

You were suffering through the tasks not only because you missed working on your skills, but also because your fingers were cut up from washing knives and tableware, your arms were sore from carrying constant loads of laundry and other things people just happened to dump on you.

You came home every night, too overworked to move and it only got worse with each passing day.

Sometimes you couldn't even move the following morning but you forced every screaming muscle to carry you to the next barrage of tasks or Devlon would punish you to an even greater extent.

Your brother Kyran fought Devlon tooth and nail over your treatment, and some nights he would come home covered in bruises because he had gotten into physical altercations with the camp head. You begged him to stop defending you but he just dismissed you and kept up the arguments and fights for you.

It didn't matter that he was Devlon's second, to hell with him if he was going to hurt the only remaining family your brother had.

Everything came to its breaking point when there was a massive cut-throat fight between several males on both sides. Some defending your brother and you, some siding with their current leader.

It was cause for a potential takeover. Of course you fought with Kyran and some females even joined you.

Near the end of everything, Devlon ended up kneeled over the execution block, by the time the inner circle had shown up to quell the rebellion, it was over.

Devlon was dead, and your brother had been crowned the new leader by the majority.

"What happened here?" The highlord demanded.

To your surprise, it was your longtime friend Iris who responded. "You were too slow with the change we needed, so we took matters into our own hands."

"And you thought killing him was the answer?"

"And what do you suppose you were to do about it?" Kyran questioned. "The occasional check ins helped nothing. And in some cases it made the lives of some worse." He sighed, gesturing to you and some other females. "You were making no leeway."

"What are you going to do about it? You were too late." Iris challenged.

You put my hand over her mouth. "I know I say you need to be more assertive, but speaking against the highlord is not necessary right now." I whispered. 

The high lady scanned the crowed. "Which one of you delivered the final blow?"

She was so unwavering that you felt you had no choice but to confess. You were still drenched in his blood. You stepped foward and stayed a respectful distance away. "I did. Arrest me if you want, I will not fight you."

She seemed to hold a bit of pity for you, like she understood how tired and fed up you felt.

They did arrest you not because they wanted to, but because they had to in accordance with court law.

And as you promised, you did not fight, even as your brother and your many friends shouted and protested the event.

It was Azriel who volunteered to take you to your cell, and he seemed to feel guilty over doing so, and even guiltier when he had to put shackles on your wrists and ankles. "I'm sorry Y/n, you don't deserve this." He whispered.