The sun and stars collide pt 2

It had been a few months since you had moved to summer and everything had been fantastic. You had an amazing seamstress job, saving every extra penny you could to one day open your own shop.

Your family wasn't thrilled with the idea of you moving to an entirely different court and even tried to talk you out of it, but your heart was set on the idea.

Despite how much you loved it here you were dreading today. Today you were being transferred your work's custom team and you had only heard horror stories of Madam Zaveri and how she treated her team, although you also heard that she was an absolutely brilliant designer and seamstress so you weren't sure what to think.

You were even less sure when you heard her screaming and then a group of girls ran out in tears. She spotted you and waved you inside, seemingly a little irritated. "You are Y/n yes?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. You're early so I'll give you a small tour, pay attention because I am not one to repeat myself."

"May I take notes?" You asked quietly.

She eyed you for a few seconds. "If that will help minimize your questions later on then go ahead."

You followed close behind her as she explained what you were supposed to do and what the other people on her team were in charge of. She also showed you where certain supplies were and you were careful of that as well.

She sat you down at your station which was strangely outside of her office, and gave you a warning look. "Only come to me when you have exhausted all other options, and knock before you come see me."

"I understand."

"Good, now start working on that design for Lady Amren. She explicitly asked for you to do it when she heard you were working here. She said you know exactly what she likes."

You were seriously surprised. "Alright. Sure."

"You look like you have more to say."

"The last time I tried to make her a pink dress she hated it. May I change the color?"

She narrowed her eyes at you. "To what?"

"Silver."

"Sure. Don't make any other changes without consulting with me."

You nodded and found everything to begin working. Madam Zaveri had tons of clients circulating in and out all day, some less cooperative than others.

Needless to say, you quickly learned why she often had such a short temper with her employees. Although it wasn't an excuse, it explained quite a lot.

It happened to be right after one of these more frustrating clients that you had to speak with her.

She looked up at you in irritation when you knocked. "Whatever could you possibly need?"

"Nothing. This letter came for you but you were busy."

She sighed and slid off the top of her desk where she had been seated. "Oh. Thank you."

She took it from you and you got back to work, finishing the bodice of Amren's dress just before your lunch break.

For lunch you went across the street to a little cafe and sat outside to enjoy the nice seabreeze. A familiar face emerged from the crowd just as you had settled in with your meal. He seemed to light up at the sight of you. "Y/n, I wasn't expecting you here. Mind if I join you?"

"Sure Tarquin."

"So, what brings you here?"

You just smirked, sipping your sparkling juice. "I moved here actually."