mating bonds!

Amren: You met during the recovery efforts after Hybern, and she found you absolutely enthralling. She would watch you as you both worked to fix broken cities until you had to courage to speak to her.

Over the next few months, she began to tolerate your presence and even like you, though she'd never freely admit that.

Funny enough, it happened during a time when you weren't technically speaking to each other. After a very stupid argument, you went to apologize and as soon as you locked eyes the bond snapped into place.

Azzy boi- You had been intimate for a long time before you even considered courting each other, kinda like a friends with benefits situation.

You were going to tell him of your feelings for him on solstice when he came over, but you chickened out and just ended up sleeping together as always.

Normally, the morning after would consist of him being gone leaving you to your own devices,

This time was different though.

You stretched away, ramming into a rock-hard chest in the process. You were understandably confused, turning over to find the shadowsinger watching you.

"You're still here." It wasn't a question.

"I had to tell you something Y/n."

"Go ahead."

"Last night before I fell asleep, the bond clicked."

"Between you and I?"

"Yes."

You only smiled which seemed to surprise him. "I'm glad it's you."

And then you kissed him.

Cassian- This time, you realized before he did and like an idiot, didn't say anything. You thought maybe he'd figure it out, sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but he didn't. Not for a long time.

Every time he came to the camp you would trade words, but as soon as he went home he would pine after her.

Nesta.

Amren and mor pretty much figured it out the next time they saw you, the rest surmised it along the way.

So more or less everyone other than Cassian, who you wished would just get his head out of his ass and notice you. It was partly your fault for neglecting to say anything, but confrontation made you so anxious you couldn't speak.

Today you saw something different in his eyes, almost like devastation or heartbreak. The inner circle more or less shoved you towards the room where he was hiding out, making you check on him.

You knocked, but he didn't even glance in your direction as you sat next to him.

"Cassian, are you alright?"

"Devlon isn't holding up his end of the deal."

"To train the females?"

He nodded. "Some of them can't defend themselves and there was a massive brawl. A little girl got into it by accident."

"Well is she alright?"

"Not really she barely made it as it is."

This program meant so much to him, you knew that. The treatment of females had been so heinous the past few millennia change felt nice. Until this of course.

You knelt in front of him taking his hands. "It's not your fault, if anything devlon should be punished, not you."

"Y/n-"