28. 'I am sorry, Manik'

Happy reading!

*******

Manik and Nandini changed into their nightwear and headed to the games room. They saw everyone busy playing on the Xbox. Finally, they all noticed Manik and Nandini walking in and they greeted them and asked them to join.

They played for some time, and Nandini went to make some coffee for them, and Mukti joined her. They were making coffee when Nandini noticed that Mukti seemed a little lost. She made mukti sit on one of the chairs and asked her what happened. Mukti just smiled and said, 'I don't know how you always realize when someone is messed up in the head.'

Nandini smiled and said, 'Well, I notice you people way more than needed. Y'all are my family, how do I not notice? And Abhi tell me kya hua?' 'Nandini, I don't know how are you going to take this, but I feel like Abhi is being distant from me in recent. He doesn't share what's happening in his life, neither does he meet as often. Like, you know we used to have ice cream nights, at least 3 times a week and it's been 2 weeks since that has happened, and I even tried speaking to him about it, but he just cut it off saying that it's just some work stress. I just hope it is that. What if it's because of something that I did? You think Abhi is happy with me?'

Nandini immediately stopped her and said, 'Mukku, he's my bhai, and no one can say this with utmost honesty and guarantee that bhai loves you more than anyone in the world. Of course, he's the happiest with you. Maybe it is work stress? He hasn't spent as much time with us at home, so I guess it is work stress. Plus, I was also planning to speak to him about this, I'm glad you also noticed it and decided to speak about it, but may I know why did you wait for 2 weeks?'

Before Mukti could answer, Abhi walked into the kitchen and said, 'Well, because she wasn't sure if you'd not be biased towards me since you're my sister. Am I right, Mukti?' Both the girls were shocked and Nandini asked, 'For how long have you been hearing our conversation?' He smiled and said, 'Since I was supposed to listen to it.'

Mukti looked down and had tears in her eyes. Abhi noticed it and went and hugged her saying, 'So lady bheem is crying? Are you mad? Stop crying! Your brother will legit kill me if he sees you crying, baby. And kya ho gaya hai tum dono ladkiyon ko? Kabse itne dramatic aur Ekta Kapoor ke tv show ladies ki tarah ho gaye ho? Of course, there's nothing wrong. Nandini, you can't be so stupid. You know papa and I have been very stressed with the new deal and that is the only reason I have been "distant" if that's the word you want to use. I know I was wrong, I should have rather spent time with you guys than drowning myself in the work way more than needed. I am sorry, for it. But please don't take this on you, Mukti? You have no idea how happy you make me, sweetheart. If there's one person I'd run to, for feeling home would be you, and you know it. So stop thinking that way okay?'

Mukti smiled and nodded. Nandini hugged him and said, 'Bhai, I'm sorry. Mujhe bas laga ki kuch hua and you don't wanna talk to me about it and mujhe darr lagne laga ki kahi mein apne bhai se durr toh nahi ho gayi. I am sorry. It won't happen again. Also, I am taking the coffee and going, you and Mukti go spend some time together, she deserves it.' Both of them smiled at her and nodded. She gave them their cups of coffee and went to the game room. Manik looked at her with concern but she just smiled and him and he let it go.

They all played for some more time and decided to disperse. Manik and Nandini went to Nandini's room and Manik immediately asked her, 'What took you so long? And why didn't Abhi and Mukti come back?'

She hugged him and said, 'Mukku was feeling insecure that maybe bhai is trying to distance himself from her and I felt the same too that bhai is trying to be very isolated and not talking to anyone. So she wanted to speak to me about it, and while we were discussing that bhai came in. He told us that he wasn't doing any of that sort, and his deal has kept him so busy that he didn't have time for anything, plus the deal is a bit important and a little hard to crack. He apologized to both of us and I told them to spend some time together since they needed it.'