1. 'Best Friends'

'Manikkkk!!' Nandini shouted spotting him in the college canteen and ran to hug him. Manik had just come back from a 3 days long family holiday in Lonavala.

Manik turned around listening to her voice and embraced her protectively in his arms kissing her head a few times. Best friends they are after all. Not a day can they survive without talking to each other.

'How are you babygirl? I hope you didn't skip any meals while I wasn't here?' This was the most asked question by Manik, even if they meet after a day, because she had the horrible habit of skipping meals when she is either upset, angry or vulnerable.

'No, I didn't. I may have skipped breakfast for a day, but did not skip my lunch and dinner. And don't you dare ask me questions like you're unaware of what was happening with and around me for 3 days.' she said breaking the hug. He gave her a tight lipped, sheepish smile.

Well, before he went to Lonavala, he knew that this girl would be extra careless since he is not around and hence, asked Dhruv, Abhi and Cabir to make sure they're there with her during lunch and dinner time.
He pulled her back into the hug and kissed her forehead.

They started walking towards the FAB-5 jam room to meet everyone. As soon as they entered, all of them pounced on them for a group hug.

'Guys, I can't breathe' said Nandini and everyone immediately broke the hug and moved a little away. All the girls moved to one side as usual for their regular gossip, and the boys were at one corner talking about, well sports and business.

'Nandini' called Manik and she turned around asking him 'what' through her expression. 'Mom and dad wanted to meet you, so dinner at home tonight' he said with a smile. Her face lit up hearing about Raj and Nyonika. They have been like parents for Nandini since she met them first through Manik though their parents knew each other. She immediately called home and said that she would be late as she is going to Malhotra house for dinner.

Soon, they all dispersed for their classes. Manik, Cabir, Dhruv and Alya were in one class considering they had taken up commerce. Whereas, Nandini and Navya were in different class. Mukti and Abhimanyu were one year Junior and one year senior to all of them respectively.

At 3:00 pm, they were all done with classes and they all met at the school gate. After a long 'bye-take care' session, they all left. Dhruv - Alya together as he was going to drop Alya home, Cabir - Navya together as they stay together in an apartment. Since Nandini was going to Malhotra house, Abhi also decided to join them.

As soon as the car entered the gate, Nandini ran out of the car, ignoring both the boys giving her warnings to not run and go slowly. She just wanted to meet her 'Neyo Maa' and her 'Raj papa' soon. She kept her bag on the sofa in the living room and ran to the kitchen as she knew Nyonika would be there itself.

Nandini tiptoed into the kitchen and immediately covered Nyonika's eyes. As soon as she did that, Nyonika's face lit up exactly like a bulb. She immediately called her name and as always Nandini pouted because she recognized her yet again. Nyonika immediately took her into a hug and patted her head with happiness showing in her eyes.

'Aapko hamesha kaise pata chal jaata hai Neyo maa ki it's me?' Nandini asked.
'Main apne bacchon ko kaise nahi pehchanungi? Especially if it's my darling baby?' Nandini giggled at this and kissed her cheek.

'Beti kya aa gayi, bete ki toh koi value hi nahi hai' Manik said, fake disappointed. Both the ladies just giggled at this and pulled him into the hug which automatically bought a smile on his face.

'Where is my dear boyfriend?' Nandini asked. 'As usual, he was missing you so you can surely guess where he is.'
Nandini immediately ran from the kitchen and went out to their garden. We see a man sitting in formal clothes, back facing Nandini and he is sulking about something.
Nandini immediately ran to him and jumped on his back. He got his smile back and immediately turned around to face her. He was none other than 'Raj Malhotra'.

'Princess' he said and immediately hugged her tight. 'Finally you got the time to come and meet me?' asked Raj. 'Papa, you know I had college. And agar mai college nahi jaati toh aapka beta hulk ban jaata. So I had to go to college first. And aap hamesha kehte ho na, ki padhai ke saath no compromise. Now don't fake this anger with me and chalo let's go back to the hall. Sab humara wait kar rahe honge' she said and dragged Raj along with her to the hall. If anyone apart from family would have seen this scene unfold in front of their eyes they would have been shocked because Raj has always been a strict and serious person outside his house. But at home, he is a completely different person.

They were all sitting together talking when suddenly Nandini said, 'Mujhe bohot zor se bhook lagi hai.'
'I'll get the snacks and come.' saying this Nyonika went to the kitchen. Mukti went behind her mom to help her out. Soon they were all munching on the snacks and talking. After a while, Raj had to go to office immediately for a meeting. Manik asked if he wanted him to join, but Raj refused and asked him to spend time with Nandini.

Nyonika went to the NGO as she hadn't gone in the morning as she was busy preparing snacks for her darling baby. Mukti and Abhi decided to spend some time with each other as Raj and Nyonika also weren't there. It's not like they had a problem with Mukbhi (Mukti + Abhi) spending some alone time, but they decided that whenever they are all together, they'll spend their time with the family because they can spend time whenever they are free in college or over the weekend sometimes.

Now only Manik and Nandini were left behind. They looked at each other giving a 'let's do it' smile to each other and ran from the hall.

************

What do you guys think about the first chapter?

Do you all want me to change anything / any issues so far?

Where do you think Manik and Nandini ran to?

Coming to the responses for the Character Sketch. Honestly speaking guys, I hadn't expected half of what I have got. That too in a few hours. I'm so so overwhelmed right now. I just hope you guys love my future work as well. Thanks a lot! ♥️

Love,
Janvi Jain ☃️