11. 'I Promise'

Hey guys! Please do vote for the chapter and also have a look at the author's note!
Happy reading ♥️

**********
Manik woke up first and decided to make breakfast for everyone as he was a great cook, according to everyone. He was busy cooking pancakes and paratha when suddenly someone from behind shouted, 'Got yaaa'. He freaked out suddenly and kept his hand on his heart and gave a glare to the person. 'Mukti, for once can you decently come inside the kitchen while I'm cooking?'

She was continuously laughing seeing his face and said, 'If I come decently then aapka yeh expression kaha dekhne ko milta? Besides, only Mukti Malhotra has the rights to laugh at her Bhai, correct?' He smiled at his baby sister and said, 'Correct, only my baby has the rights to laugh at her Bhai. Accha chal want to have coffee?'

'Yes, Bhai I want to have coffee. But you continue with the breakfast, and I'll make coffee for you.' Mukti said and got in to her job of making coffee.

Mu: Bhai, I need to talk to you about something.

M: Muku please yaar, I know you want to talk about Nandini. Yaar okay, I know I ordered her to be my girlfriend but you also need to understand my point of view. You know....

Mu: *cuts him in the middle* Do you love her Bhai? Or do you have any feelings for her?

M: No Muku, obviously not.

Mu: Then go ahead, look for 200 girls, but yaad rakhna Bhai, at any point if any of the girls try to even point a finger at Nandini, I will screw her and you as well.

M: I obviously won't let anyone even utter a word about her. So, you don't have any problem with that?

Mu: No Bhai, why will I have any problem with that? You will only have problems, and you will realise how Nandini and you deserve each other. This will just teach you how much you both need each other to survive. Nandini has realised the fact that she cannot survive without you, but she is just fighting it with herself. You'll realise soon that she is the heartbeat to your heart. And genuinely, no pressures on you at all. Explore it, more than forcing yourself in it, just because I told you now. I would suggest, go out for dates and see how they work out.

Manik was just gaping at her and forgot his pancakes are in making. He was wondering when did his baby sister actually grow up so much and become so mature. He went and hugged her and said, 'Let's see how does things go on, and if Nandini and I are meant to be, then it will happen despite the fact that I will look for serious relationship with other girls. And thank you, for at least not getting pissed with me or mad at me for it and trying to understand my reason and letting me fall, if that's going to happen, just to make me rise and shine.'

'Eeks Bhai, don't make yourself sound like a writer.' Mukti said giggling just to lighten his mood a little bit. He smiled at her attempt and hugged her tight. Suddenly Mukti said, 'Bhai aapko kuch jalne ki smell nahi aa rahi?' He suddenly just snapped towards the gas and looked frustrated seeing the burnt pancake. He turned to Mukti and said, 'Idiot, sab teri wajah se hua!! Nikal mere kitchen se after taking your coffee and leaving one for me and let me concentrate on my cooking.'

Mukti just gaped at him and just lightly punched him on his back and ran off from the kitchen laughing. Manik just smiled at her and prayed to God to keep her happy and smiling always and continued making his pancakes.

After a few minutes, everyone had reached the breakfast table as Mukti had told them that Manik was cooking and they were super excited. Manik came out with the breakfast and laid it on the table when he noticed Nandini was not around. Cabir was about to serve himself, when Manik just swatted his hand and Cabir looked at him annoyed and said, 'Kameene khaane toh de.'