21. 'New and Nice'

Read the end note to know why such a late update 🙊
Also, please comment and vote guys! ♥️

*********
Next morning Nandini woke up with slight headache, courtesy the fun she had last night. She went down to the kitchen after freshening up and grabbed a glass to make herself a lemon juice but before she could start making it, she saw a glass of lemon juice popping in front of her eyes. She turned and saw Abhi standing there with a smile while he said, 'Well, fun last night got you headache, so the least I could get you is some lemon juice.' She just gave him a disgusted look, took it from him and walked out of the kitchen. She went back to her room with the glass while Abhi just smiled because he knew it's her headache getting this side of her's out.

She checked her phone and saw a few messages from college group, and her friends. She hadn't received any message from Manik but there was a phone call from him. She called him back, while he was eagerly waiting for her call since he knew she would be annoyed. He picked her call in 2 rings and said, 'Good morning, baby. I know you will be super annoyed right now and I will call you back later in some time as I know you want to have a bath first and relax yourself. So have some lime water and then relax yourself. I'll call you back at around 11:30, sweetheart.'

Nandini smiled, because no one on this planet can actually understand her better than him. She said okay and cut the call. After drinking her lime water, she went to the bathroom and took a long and relaxing shower. She changed into a pair of shorts and T-shirt and picked the phone to call Manik. It wasn't 11.30 yet, so she decided she'd call because she wanted to talk to him. He was on the dining table while his phone was in the hall when Nandini called. Nyonika picked the call after telling Manik, because no matter what, she always respected her child's privacy. As soon as she picked the call, she heard Nandini's dull hi so she got worried and asked, 'Princess why do you sound so dull? Are you okay? Bukhaar hai kya?' As soon as Manik heard "bukhaar" from Nyonika, he rushed to the hall and tried to take the phone from Nyonika but she didn't give the phone to him. Nandini shook her head and said, 'No Neyo Maa, bukhaar nahi hai. Kal ka thoda hangover hai. Just had a bath so don't worry.' Nyonika sighed in relief and said, 'Oh, thank God. Take care baby. Talk to this stupid boy, doesn't have an ounce of patience.' Nandini giggled while Nyonika smiled and gave the phone to Manik who took it in a millisecond and walked towards his room.

As soon as he took the phone, he asked, 'Aye, Nandu you have fever? Did you take medicine? Can you go sleep?' She rolled her eyes and said, 'Can you calm down, idiot? I don't have fever. Just feeling a little sleepy.' Manik heaved a sigh a relief and said, 'Oh thank god. So tell me What's up? Did you have fun last night, jaan? Did I, at any point cross the line?' She was shocked when he said "jaan" and asked, 'Manik, what did you just say?' He first frowned but as soon as he realized what she was asking, he just smiled and said, 'I said Jaan. Arey you are my jaan no so that's why. Accha you don't like it, fine I won't use it.'

'Aye, who said I don't like it. I love it.' In a sudden flow, she didn't think before saying and as soon as she realized what she said, she bit her lips while Manik smirked but decided against teasing it and asked, 'Bolo na? Did i cross the line? Did you have fun?' 'Oh God, Manik. You really need to stop freaking out. I had a lot of fun last night. I was with you, it had to be fun. Besides, you need to stop freaking out, sweetie. You did not cross the line. Okay?' He smiled and said okay. They spoke for a while when Mukti came into his room. She snatched the phone from Manik and said, 'Nanduuuu, forget this chipku and let's have a girls day out. What say?' Nandini giggled at the chipku part and said, 'Sounds like a plan. Let's go to Alya's house and do our regular thing?' Mukti smiled and said, 'Sounds perfect. I'll call the other 2, till then you have 20 minutes with Bhai and then we'll leave. Okay?' Nandini said okay and Mukti, ignoring Manik's hard glared threw the phone to him and ran out of the room.