14. 'She is my life'

This was the most awaited chapter, and here it is. Let me know if you like it or not. ♥️

**********
Next morning, things weren't as gloomy as yesterday, in fact it was a fresh new morning. Things were going on smoothly for 2 days. They all had fun, without any worries, and even went to party on Tuesday night, to celebrate Nandini's victory. They had their share of fun, and enjoyment. Next day, on Wednesday, Nandini woke up fresh as a flower, and freshened up, and got ready for college. After a hearty breakfast, Abhi and Nandini headed to college.

Abhi and Nandini went to college and attended their classes seriously. Manik was annoying her with continuous messages and phone calls to bunk the class, but she just ignored him and switched off her phone. Soon, during lunch break, she was talking to her classmates about some project when suddenly she saw Manik approaching her with a poker face. She ignored him yet again and continued talking to them. As soon as he reached her, he pulled her away from her friends asking them to excuse her. He was dragging her and stopped near the corridor end and turned to her saying, 'Why were you ignoring my calls and messages? Kuch important tha yaar. Phone switch off bhi kiya uske baad. I really wanted to talk to you about something.'

Nandini gave him an annoyed look and said, 'I was in class, you dumbfuck. Y'all anyway don't let us attend classes and today I used the opportunity. Besides, aisa kya important that ki you couldn't wait?' Manik gave her a poker face and said, 'Classes boring hoti hai. Kabhi toh study on your own. Anyway, woh sab chodo and listen. I wanted to ask you if I should carry 3 pair of clothes or 4, for Ooty?' She gave him a disbelieving look and said, 'This was your "important" talk for which you chewed my brain?' He gave her a sheepish grin and nodded. She punched him a little on his stomach and said, 'You fucking moron. Annoying piece of shit. Matlab, how much more annoying could you get?' 

He couldn't control himself more and started laughing loudly hearing her abuses. She looked at him like she was ready to slap him, but decided against it and turned to walk away but before she could, Manik held her hand and stopped her and said, 'Accha sorry, woh I just made that up. Actually, I do have something important to say. Do you know Vidhi from arts section? *Nandini just nodded* Woh actually, she and I have been on good terms, because she has also participated in a lot of musical fest. She seems like a decent girl and we are friends. Today we met near the jam room as she wanted to talk about some upcoming event in college. I was thinking how about I go out with her? Like you think it'll be okay? Will you be okay with me going with her?'

Nandini nodded at him and said, 'Arey absolutely. She seems sweet and nice. And aisa bhi ho sakta hai ki she may be the special one. Also, kal jo instructions diye the, woh sab mazaak tha. So go and enjoy.' Though Manik nodded, he kept in mind to follow her instructions. He did not want to do any of it, because he knew that deep down Nandini did not want him to that. The least he could do was not to hurt her by doing any of it. He smiled at her and said, 'I was planning on going for an evening coffee with her to the nearby Starbucks. Should that be okay? Or is it too soon? I was planning on finishing the 2 dates things before Ooty. I wanted to sort my head before the holiday. What do you think?' Nandini agreed with him and said, 'Nah, it's completely okay. Besides, girls die to go on a date with you. She will agree, so go ahead.' He smiled at her, hugged her and pecked her head before going to Vidhi.

He reached the canteen hoping she was there, and to his luck she was there. He walked up to her and said, 'Hey, actually I wanted to talk to you about the upcoming event. If you're free now, can we talk?' 'Yeah, sure. Let's go to the auditorium?' Vidhi suggested. He nodded and moved to the audi. As soon as they reached, Manik said, 'Actually I did not want to talk about the event. Um, if you are free today, can we like grab a coffee?' Vidhi seemed extremely surprised and elated. She instantly agreed so Manik suggested that they would meet at 4 in the nearest Starbucks. She agreed happily and left from there. Manik, did not seem excited as such. He just thought of it as a casual outing with a friend, which was quite unusual. He did not want to do anything special as such. His heart and mind did not agree on doing anything special. He moved to Nandini's classroom and to his delight there was no professor in the class.