19. 'Jealous much?'

No proof reading done. So please ignore the mistakes and also, forgive me for such a short chapter.

Please please vote for the chapter if you guys like it. ♥️
Have a look at the author's note to see what made me give such a short and late update.

Happy reading. ♥️

*********
Everyone settled down in the cars. Manik, Nandini and Mukti were sitting in the last seat; Navya, Alya and Dhruv were sitting in the middle while Abhi was driving and Cabir was sitting in the passengers seat. Nandini had rested her back to Manik's arms and her legs were dangling a little outside the window. She had plugged in her earphone and was reading "The Perfect Us" by Durjoy Datta.

Mukti was talking to Manik while Manik wrapped one of his arm around Nandini's waist and planted a small kiss on her head. She smiled amidst her reading and got more comfortable. After an hour or two, Manik noticed that she had fallen asleep while reading so he took the book and closed it, not before marking the page. He pulled her a little closer to himself and made her sleep in a better position. He took his jacket and wrapped it around her.

On the other hand, Cabir as usual was munching on some chips while Alya and Navya were discussing about some clothes and makeup. Dhruv was busy replying to a few messages. Mukti was troubling Dhruv from behind shouting in his ear and pulling his hair. Manik was working on some project. Mukti who was absolutely bored said, 'Guys what the hell man. So boring. Why is everyone so into themselves. And look at this Nandu, she toh is in deep slumber. We can't be so boring during a long drive. Bhai wake her up.'

Manik nodded in a no and said, 'We'll have fun Muku. She is tired I'm sure, let her sleep.' Mukti gave him a poker look and turned front and saw Cabir giving her a cunning smile. Mukti understood and looked at her side to see Manik back into his work. Cabir and she suddenly shouted "Ahhhhhhh".

This brought Manik out of his work land while looking absolutely bewildered and Nandini woke up with a jerk and shouted "Ahhhhh". While all of them were laughing seeing them, Manik and Nandini looked at each other shocked and took in deep breath. Nandini looked furiously towards Mukti and Cabir and tried to jump out of the seat to hit Cabir but Manik held her back and made her sit on the seat.

He looked at Cabir and said, 'Saala kameena insaan. Accha khaasa shaanti se baitha tha and she was sleeping so peacefully. What the fuck is wrong with you?' Mukti on behalf of everyone said, 'What ya Bhai and Nandu, so boring. How can our long drives be so boring? Aise lag raha hai jaise hum koi business trip pe hai, where you are engrossed in work and we all are dragged along for no reason.' A small chuckle escaped from Nandini's mouth but hid it as soon as Manik looked at her.

Manik kept his phone inside and said, 'Okay fine, abhi no work and no sleep. We'll have fun, okay?' They all smiled and hooted. After that, there was a fun and amazing session of laughter and singing. Manik in between kissed Nandini on her cheek while all she did was smile. Reason, there cannot be a better boyfriend than Manik. He may be ruthless, or an angry young man but he has the heart of gold literally. He can do literally anything for the person who is important in his life. Exactly why he chose a small group of friends, who mean the world to them.

They reached Bangalore after a long car journey and directly went to the airport. They all did little shopping in the airport and then headed towards their boarding gate. They all flew back to Mumbai and went to their houses. Manik wanted to spend some more time with Nandini, as suddenly he couldn't have enough of her, but decided against it as she seemed very exhausted. He dropped a forehead kiss before they could all disperse. As soon as they reached home, Nandini messaged Manik about it and changed into her shorts and T-Shirt and went to sleep.