23. 'Feels home.'

Do vote for it, if you like it! ❤️
Yes, the end note is a must read, please!

***********
Manik looked at her shocked and Nandini was crying. The message read , "I know Manik and you are best friends but what if I go and tell him that you're a pure gold digger who is going to stick by him just for money and fame. You know I can harm anyone for Manik, including himself. I know exactly where Manik is and what he is doing. I have my eyes on him 24/7. If you want him and your entire family safe, then just get out of Manik's life." With that the message had a few photos of all her family members with the time and location.

Manik hadn't imagined everything was hitting her head like this. He didn't know Nandini would receive such messages. For the first time he was scared, not for himself but for her and her family which wasn't less than a family to him as well. He took the phone away from Nandini and immediately called Cabir and said, 'Cabir listen to me. I am sending you a phone number. I want you to track the number and get me all the details like immediately.'

A scared Nandini told him, 'No Manik, that person has sabka information. What if something happens to anyone, no Manik. Please don't.' Manik just pulled her in a tight hug and patted her head and asked her to not worry. He said, 'Nandini, Meri jaan. Your Manik is right here. I am not going anywhere. No one can harm me or anyone, alright baby? Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine, okay?'

Nandini hugged him tight and just stayed in the hug for a few minutes. Manik pulled her out of the hug and kissed her forehead. He looked into her eyes and said, 'Wanting to kiss your boyfriend galat kyu hai?' Nandini didn't know what to say so she looked down while Manik just sighed and held her chin making her look into his eyes.

He gently caressed her face and said, 'Nandini, things haven't changed between us. We are still best friends before being boyfriend - girlfriend. You are still my best friend who would come and share each and everything with me. I'm still your best friend who would call you at 2 in the night to talk about some fuck all Hindi serial, just to annoy me. And when we were so close back then, what has happened now? Don't you consider me as your best friend anymore, or these sudden changes are just making it awkward for you? Talk to me, baby.'

Nandini made Manik sit on the chair and she cutely went and sat on his lap which brought a sweet smile on Manik's face and he wrapped his arms around her. Nandini our her head on his shoulder and said, 'I just don't know Manik. Yeh itna Naya hai, and galat laga isliye kyuki maybe I am still not adjusted to the fact that you're not only my best friend, but also my boyfriend. It's not like I don't like it. I love it, but you know na, you've been my best friend for so long and it'll just take me some time to be your same Nandini again. Just a few days, I promise.'

Manik smiled and kissed her forehead saying, 'Take your time, honey. I am all yours. I want you to feel comfortable. I promise, everything is going to fine. I will make sure no problem touches you or bothers you. Your Manik is standing right next to you.' Nandini smiled and hugged him tighter but immediately looked up and asked, 'Manik, what about that message?'

His jaw tightened and said, 'Cabir and I will take care of it. But I just want you to keep it to yourself till it's sorted okay? I'll see how she escaped. Though I don't know why I feel like it's a boy and not a girl.' Nandini frowned and said, 'What do you mean? It must be a girl only na? Anyway, I promise I won't tell anyone else about it as yet. But what are we going to go home and tell?' Manik just smiled and said, 'Leave that to me, baby. Wanna eat something or wanna go home?'

Before she could answer, Manik's phone rang, showing Cabir's number. He picked up and Manik's face turned into a frown and said, 'What the fuck are you speaking? That none of our sources could find out about this one number? Dude, we have to do something quickly. Call Rohit and ask him to get his sources out now.' Cabir said okay and cut the call. Nandini who heard one Manik's side of conversation asked Manik, 'Manik, who is Rohit?'

Manik just looked at her and said, 'He is the head of the guards that I have kept behind y'all.' Nandini's frown turned into a shocked expression and she asked, 'You still have the freaking guards behind all of us?' Manik made a face and said, 'Are you dumb or what? If he would have been behind you 24/7 then I wouldn't have had to find out where you are and take a wild guess that you are here.' Nandini nodded and said, 'By the way, I am sorry. I should have probably informed someone. Sab tension mein honge na?' Manik smiled lightly and said, 'Yes, you should have informed someone, but don't be sorry. And yes, Mom dad are also waiting for you. So you want to go home or eat something first?'

Nandini's eyes filled with tears of regret for getting everyone in tension and said, 'Let's go home Manik, I'll call mom and ask her to cook for us.' Manik frowned and pulled her into a hug and said, 'Bas, baby. Don't cry. Mom dad hai woh. And you know mujhse zyada tumse pyaar karte hai woh. I'm sure they just want you back home and hug you tight. So tell me, wanna grab a burger on the way?' Nandini hugged him back tight and just nodded. After a couple of seconds she broke the hug and held his hand and started walking towards the car.

Manik drove the car in absolute silence with light music playing in the background, because he knew, Nandini needed her space right now. He always respected her space. Being in a relationship, never means intruding your partner's personal space.

They reached home and Nandini took a deep breath and got out of the car. She just grabbed Manik's hand and walked to wards the door, which was wide open. She stepped in and walked towards the hall. Abhi was the first one who saw Nandini and as soon as he did, he ran and hugged her tight. Nandini left Manik's hand and hugged him even tighter and tears rolled down her eyes uncontrollably. Raman and Raj came forward and pulled her from Abhi and hugged her together. Ishita and Nyonika sighed a relief seeing her safe and sound, while the rest of the gang were happy seeing her back. Raman and Raj pulled out of the hug and Raj said, 'Where were you, Meri jaan? You scared us so much. Did this naalayak beta of mine do something? Bol baccha, Kya hua?'

Nandini wiped her tears and said, 'Nahi, Raj Papa, Manik was the one jiske kaaran I am safe and sound in front of y'all. I probably just wanted some alone time, and some realisation by Manik to get me back here.' Manik cut her and said, 'Yeh aapki beti kabhi kabhi dimaag se batti gul ho jaati hai, don't worry main Hoon na.'

Nandini smiled and hugged Abhi. He kissed her forehead and whispered, 'I wanna know everything in the night, and don't tell me it's nothing.' Nandini nodded and moved to Nyonika and Ishita. She hugged Ishita and just sighed. There is always something about a mother's hug, which makes you feel warm and feels home. She moved to Nyonika and snuggled into her hair. Nyonika kissed her forehead and assured her that everything is fine.

Nandini moved to the gang and Cabir pulled her in a hug and everyone else joined. All Nandini could do was smile as she found the world's best friends. Abhi hugged Manik, and only they understood each other's feeling. They all moved to the dining table to eat while Nandini went into her room to freshen up. She changed into her night clothes and came to the hall. She sat with all of them and they all had a peaceful time. Nandini felt home now. She knew she has over-thought a lot on what wasn't even a topic to think on. She had her family and her friends, that's all she needed.

********
Yes, I'm back!

Yes, all the looks and slippers accepted. I wasn't going through any rough phase. I was just enjoying my happy phase. Devoting all my time to my person.

Yes, I was literally gaayab. I hadn't opened Wattpad in months. Today I did, and just wrote this chapter. It might be absolutely fuck all, but just bear with it.

So my college started, have been slightly busy with that. But majorly, found a partner and I'm just focusing on investing my time and my life in him. I have my brother's wedding coming up in the month end! Too many things going on, you guys! Had to share it with y'all.

Thank you for the responses, love, messages and everything that I've been getting from y'all. Love y'all sooo much! ❤️❤️

Yes, vote for the chapter if you don't hate me for going missing for sooo long, and if you aren't that disappointed with this comeback chapter!

Avoid the mistakes, if any. No proof reading done! 🙈🙈

Love,
Janvi Jain ☃️