Chapter 2: The stories, Demi's Pov

There were rumors about Joe Jonas' house. Some say there lived a ghost there. We're not close friends or anything so I've never been to their house but I heard its really grand. I heard it has a pool and a basketball court and a recording studio. They are mighty rich.

People say that at the 5th floor lives a ghost. Of course, I'm not friends with any of Joe's friend so I never get to find out the truth only rumors and gossips. Some say that they could see a boy waving at them from the 5th floor, only Joe says that it is an attic for their stuffs. Pretty creepy right?

Well, so here I am. I took on the offer for babysitting their younger  brother Frankie on a mission to unveil what lies upstairs their house, and yes I do need the money too.

Only, Joe's family are very picky about their babysitters so I guess I just got pretty lucky I got picked. I mean, me? I was a nobody, I doubt even Joe knows about me. 

We were neighbors once, when they were still living average and we were all kids. 

Back when there was 5 of them.  Another brother after Joe, I think his name was Rick? He has some mental sickness. They said he died a few years ago, maybe its his ghost roaming their house?

OH yeah, I'm Demi Lovato by the way.

So here I am, standing in their front door.

I rang the doorbell and I could hear footsteps inside, running footsteps.

"Hello" Joe greeted me at the door

"hi, I'm Demi"

"Yes, you're the babysitter?"

"Yes I am" I smiled.

Joe didn't smiled back.

"Okay, come on in" He checked if anyone was around. Of course, wouldn't want to be seen with someone like me. Typical popular guy.

I went in.

Joe had me pinned to the wall as soon as both my feet got past the door.

His hand was covering my mouth and his other hand was holding both my hands in an attempt to contain them because I was struggling.

"I"m sorry I had to do this, but I swear Demi Lovato, if you tell anyone about what you will see or hear  here, I swear I'm going to make your life a living Hell"

I couldn't breathe!

He released his grip on me and removed his hand from my mouth.

"What was that for!?" I demanded.

"you heard me" He glared at me. 

Was being harrassed by a Joe Jonas part of the job description that I forgot to read?

"Hello Demi"

"Oh hi, you must be Frankie"

"yes, uhm you must forgive Joe"

"yes, is he always that weird?"

Suddenly there was something from upstairs, a movement. 

"Is someone upstairs?"

"Nope, just the dog" Frankie said. 

So far my head count amounts to 3, me and Frankie and Joe alone in this big big house of theirs. Grand was an understatement for their luxurious and beautiful mansion.

"okay" I smiled nervously.

"So what are we going to do?" He said

"I don't know"

"I have to finish my homework, could you maybe fix me a sandwich in the kitchen?"

"okay" I said as I went to work in the kitchen.

I was busy making a sandwich when something moved from upstairs again.

"Its just the dog" I said to myself.

Suddenly Joe entered the house through the kitchen door with the dog trailing him

"Hi" I said

Joe just looked at me and gave me a nod

"Uhm, excuse me Joe but how many dogs do you have around here?"

He looked at me with a look that says, 'why do you care?"

"1" He said and then walked away.

I felt chills and the hairs of my body standing up.

I ran towards the living room where Frankie was, trying not to spill the milk and making sure the sandwich was intact.

"Can we watch the television? maybe turn it on a little louder?" I said nervously as I climbed their sofa.

"Sure, I'm done with my homework already so we can watch a few movies I guess"

Frankie sat beside me and we started to watcha movie on Disney Channel. Still, something was moving upstairs and I could feel the pressure of feet walking around. I was scared.

At the same time I was also on the verge of going to the bathroom. I wanted to contain it until later but my bladder would not hold anymore.

"Frankie, can I use the bathroom?"

"Sure, but you'd better use the one upstairs"

"Upstairs? Why upstairs?"

"Because the plumbing here downstairs is broken"

"Are you sure? its kinda scary upstairs"

"Don't worry there are no ghosts here" Frankie said

"You scared of ghosts?" Joe said as he emerged from nowhere

"no, I'm just scared of going to the bathroom, upstairs, alone"

"Chicken" Joe laughed.

I marched out of the living rom and climbed the stairs. No one calls me chicken.

Almost all of the rooms were closed, and at the far end was the bathroom. Far far end. Stupid people, why'd they put the bathroom so far away?

The only thing that made me realize that it was a bathroom was because of an actual sign that says bathroom.

Suddenly I felt the movement of someone from the other room.

It could be a thief.

I dashed to the bathroom and opened it.

"OH MY GO-- I am so sorry! I am sorry! CRAP!" I screamed as I ran down the stairs. My urgency to pee disappeared. 

Frankie was expectantly waiting for my return downstairs, so did Joe, even though he was still watching the television. 

"Who was that?"

I was shaking like a pathetic baby, only because the sight of a half naked boy about my age keep replaying in my head. There were supposed to be only 3 of them here! Joe distinctly told me that only he and Frankie was here. Who the Hell was the 4th person? A boy almost my age. 

"So you've met Nick" Joe said without looking at me

"Nick?" I said

"the boy?" Joe said

"yeah, who the heck is he?"

"He's my b------ Oh crap you look like a mess Demi!" I just suddenly realized that I did look like a mess. Half my body was wet and my hair was in a mess because of all the sweat from the running.

"Let's go upstairs and I'll go get you a towel" Joe said

"No, please I'd rather stay here and listen as you tell me who the Hell that guy was"

"His name is Nick" Frankie said.

"He's our brother" Joe smiled.

A brother? How the heck did Joe and Frankie had a brother?