Chapter 7 - Job Description (Demi's Pov)

Look, I kinda agreed to the part where I have to watch Frankie overtime, plus Nick. But Nick having an attack and Joe's friends going to Nick's place, that kinda draws the line.

I hit Joe in the head as soon as I saw him by the kitchen, drinking.

"What the Hell is wrong with you?" He demanded, glaring suddenly when he saw it was me.

"What the Hell is wrong with me? you idiotic, dumb, proud, good for nothing Jonas, Nick had an attack in the room where we were forced to go because you're stupid friends creeped up on us"

"I know I'm sorry about that"

"Sorry!? had an attack! I didn't know what to do and all you say is sorry!?"

"Look I said I'm sorry okay?" Joe said, clearly irritated.

"I"m sorry!" I said as I poured coke on his head.

He glared at me, then I suddenly realized that he was drunk. It was no use talking to him, since he probably won't remember half of it in the morning.  I punched him straight in the face and as he fell to the ground, I know that he most probably passed out.

Then, I had an idea.

"Blake" I smiled as I went over to a tall blonde girl.

Oh, you gotta know Blake! Blake was the normal girl everyone was at school. To Joe's cool friends, she was sort of a nerd. I don't even know why she's at this party.

"Joe said he wanted to kiss you" I suddenly said

she laughed at me like I have got to be kidding.

"He said that?" Taylor laughed.

Now I'm getting somewhere, I got the pretty lady's attention. "Yeah, he's in the kitchen, getting drinks for everyone" I smiled

"Who invited you?" Someone said.

"Blake why don't you kiss Joe?" Taylor smiled 

Blake blushed because everyone was looking at her. "You like Joe" I said with realization as it hit me suddenly. Oh poor girl, you're heading on the wrong direction.

"Kiss Joe, he probably won't even remember it tommorow" Someone said

Everyone was looking at us now.

Taylor got out her fone, "Come on Blake, show us some lips" Taylor smiled "I'll let you sit with us at lunch tommorow" She smiled wickedly this time.

"kiss kiss kiss" They were all chanting now, I could finally hear Joe getting up and groggily make his way towards the living room were we all were. Right on cue Mr. Jonas. As he entered the doorway, Blake headed straight for him.

Next morning.

I stalled by my locker, doing nothing as I watch everyone going by. Where was Joe? He should have been here by now. Taylor passed by me and to my amazement, she actually smiled.

"Nice stunt last night D" 

Ew. D? seriously?

Blake was popular girl now. It's amazing how you could change someone's life in just one night. Nerd girl kissed popular Jonas.

Joe finally entered the door, and he is now walking on the hallways, makin his way towards his locker, which was just a few feet opposite from mine.

"Man!" his friends called out to him.

HE smiled at them, then headed straight towards his locker.

"awesome party" his friends said as they caught up with him.

What's with the sunglasses? it was actually pretty cold. I closed my locker and me, clumsy as I always was, banged my head on it before it closed. And it hit me! Proud Jonas was wearing stupid sunglasses because he has a blackeye. I punched him last night.

I did pretty well last night, I congratulated myself.

"Hey Joe" I smiled sweetly as i passed by him.

"Hey!" Joe said as he walked to follow me

"HI" I said brightly.

"is she a good kisser?" Gil, Joe's friend laughed as he passed by Joe.

"Wow Joe, kissed a nerd? lowering your standards?" another one said

"Wow Blake was really lucky" I overheard a couple of girls talking.

"Hey babe" Taylor said as she wrapped her arms around Joe and kissed him.

Joe turned his head away after a few minutes.

"What? I'm not as good a kisser as Blake?" She laughed.

"What are you talking about?" Joe looked at him blankly.

"Oh baby, nobody told you anything?" Taylor said in shock

I turned to make my quick escape.

The hallways were filling up with stories about Joe and I knew that he would take it badly so I turned to go to my class.

Good luck to you Jonas! I hate you.

"Hey Demi" Frankie greeted me at the door.

Hello Franks" I smiled.

"Come on up!" he grabbed my hand and hurried me to Nick's place.

Nick smiled when he saw me. 

"hi" I smiled

"Hello" he said

"Joe's not yet home?" I asked

"Yes, he texted me he'll be home late" Nick said

"Is your mom coming home tonight?" I asked

"Yup, sometime tonight" Frankie said

"We're looking at some old photographs" Frankie continued.

I sat on the floor, both of them had already made a mess on the floor with all the pictures.

Nick leaned by the wall, holding his guitar while Frankie and I browsed through some of the pictures. I laughed at their pictures, they were all so young, all so innocent. and all so normal. Now, Joe's some kind of jerk and Nick's all hidden up here like a princess in a tower, who knows what will happen to sweet and innocent little Frankie?

Frankie said that he will just go and get us something to eat from downstairs. Nick said that he'll just get his music notebook from his bedroom.

They both left me alone.

I stood up, I was already feeling cramps from sitting down too long. 

The room was a mess. 

Suddenly a photograph caught my eye.

It was me! I was in a very old photograph with Joe, Nick and small baby Frankie, and we were happy.

I felt chills went up all over my body, my heart pounded wildly. I felt like some girl in a horror movie where any moment now, something scary was bound to happen. I could hear ghost music playing in my head.

I felt goosebumps all over my body. I was not happy.