Chapter 10 - Stupid Dances (Demi's Pov)

I was at the school's commitee that deals with the preparations of school parties and dances which was of course totally lame and boring. I actually had no choice. My best friend Kane wanted me to do it with her so that we could have some best friend time quality bonding time after school. She loves to plan parties more than anything and I, for the sake of friendship went along with it.

I don't hate parties as much as planning and decorating them. I mean so many effort for just one night, it was quite unfair for the laborers.

"Kane" 

Principal Figgins called out as he entered the room where Kane and the club was, planning.

I was eating a cupcake.

"I got new recruits" He said roughly. He dragged a Joe Jonas into the room, followed by her hot girlfriend Taylor Swift and another of Joe's best friend I think his name was Alex. 

Why of all the people?

Why did it have to be Joe Jonas?

I almost choked on my dry and coarse cupcake.

My best friend smiled at them and welcomed them, she was always the composed one among the two of us.

"What?" I practically shouted.

"So what did you guys do, to deserve to be here?" Kane asked

I moved closer to listen as they started to talk. Joe shot me a glare. Wow, he never fails to give me his stupid ugly glares.

Taylor, surprisingly smiled at me. 

"Oh hey D"

Still, Ew. Even if it came from the hot and powerful Taylor, Joe's beautiful girlfriend, the idea of being called D? it was just disgusting and I actually feel ashamed every time I hear it.

Even though, I smiled at her slightly.

"So we're gonna be bonding for awhile" She said excitedly.

"Leave her alone baby" Joe said, putting his arms around Taylor, all the while glaring at me. 

"Detention" Alex explained to Kane.

Well so much for explanations, that was it, simple and short.

They were to help with the party preparations for next week. The school was having another of its lame dances that everybody seems to love and the coolest kids in school were stuck in detention and actually forced to help out. 

Taylor seemed to be okay with it, I guess it goes as long as she's with Joe. Joe and Alex faces though tells a different story. 

Babysitting at the Jonas House:

"I'm stuck with Joe at detention" 

I just blurted out as Nick and Frankie and I were all just laying on the floor, too lazy to do anything.

"Wow" Frankie said

"I hate it" I said

"Wow, its only 5:00 and I actually feel sleepy already"

"Well, what did Joe do?" Nick asked

"Don't know, don't care" I said

Okay, Nick's last breakdown sent me chills all over my body, but still I kept coming back to their house, still taking up on the offer to babysit Frankie even though It kinda means, Nick too. 

Believe me, seeing and experiencing Nick doing crazy things and acting all scary, it was terrifying but something in him was pulling me. I wanted to know him more, like I wanted to actually be his friend. I felt like there was more to him that I know, he was more.