Chapter 13 - Honesty (Demi's Pov)

I stared blankly at my laptop thinking about what just happened today. I was a stupid stupid girl for even doing what I did, bringing Nick out and standing up to Frankie’s bullies. But I guess I wouldn’t have done it any other way, no regrets.

I hid my phone away from me because I knew that sometime right now, Joe would be calling and yelling at me on the phone, I just didn’t need that right now.

I was supposed to be studying for some lame history test but I just couldn’t set my eyes or brain to focus.

Nick shocked me today, the way he defended me and Frankie in front of everybody was surprising. No crazy person could ever do that. I had feared that the moment he froze when he was looking at Frankie being bullied, was the moment when out of nowhere he would suddenly start to lose control and just you know be crazy.

No, Nick kept calm. He thought straightly and he fought.

“Ouch” I said as I fell from my bed and hit the ground.

I lay on the ground a full 10 minutes, too lazy to get up, I was about to go back to sleeping (on the ground) when I felt my nose itching and I know a dreaded sneeze was on its way.

Aaaaaaaaaaaachoooooooooooo!

Oh the dust under my bed, they were as thick as my pillow.

I stood up and lazily dragged my feet back to the bed that was when I realized that the photograph I took from the Jonas house lay under my bed along with a whole lot of things I throw there or they just fall out my bag.

My phone suddenly vibrated and I felt my body slightly waking up.

“hello?”

There was no one on the other end

“hello?” I said again, I look at my phone to see who was calling.

“it was a Joe Jonas”

“Demi” I finally heard him say

“Okay Joe, I’m sorry, you don’t have to yell at me” I said

“Who’s yelling?” he asked

“Are you drunk?” I said, totally irritated because he had the nerve to call me, drunk, in the middle of the night

“just a little bit”

“okay, I’m hanging up now” I said, about to press the end call

“No wait” Joe said

“What?” I demanded impatiently

“Shank wou” his speech slurred, but I heard it loud and clear

“For what?” I said, playing dumb

“For what happened today” He said

“Wow” I said, “Your welcome, now I know why’d you had to get drunk” I laughed

He laughed, “Yeah, I just didn’t have the nerve, if I’m not intoxicated, because you’re you. Mean and loud and I just don’t like you sometimes”

“Okay, that was an insult but I guess I’m quite pleased you tried”

“Yeah” Joe said

“okay, your welcome Joe, goodnight” I said

“Goodnight Demi”

I was fully awake after that conversation we had.

I looked under my bed and took out the photograph.

Just looking at my young face and Nick’s and Joe’s send chills all over my body. It was like something in this photograph was calling out to me. It was like something happened that day and I cannot remember what it was.