Chapter 3: How do I do this? Joe's Pov

Okay, so now, we're in my brain and I'm telling the story.

Demi's face was priceless as she ran to where we were in the living room.

So, she met Nick.

Hold it, you're probably wondering why I know Demi.

Truth was, I picked her personally when I learned that she was applying as Frankie's babysitter.

She was a good kid, smart girl and she was our neighbor once, so I know her.

I know people think that just because I"m cool, I'm handsome, I'm everybody's wildest dream, Everybody wants me, Girls love me, Girls think I'm cool, I'm popular, everyone wants to be on my team. They think that just because I'm all that is that I don't remember names.

I remember Demi though, she was a nice girl who was there for Nick when we were young, although I think she's quite forgotten that because I heard she had an accident and had amnesia.

I live in a world full of accidents and disasters, Thank God, he still has spared my beautiful self.

OKay so back to Demi, her face was priceless, like Nick was a ghost.

"He's our brother" I smiled when I said that,

Now she's confused.

"Huh? You're not supposed to have a brother!"

"But we do" Frankie said

"So this Nick, he's your brother?"

"yes" Frankie said. "This is boring me, I'll go watch tv on my room upstairs, Joe, please explain to her okay?"

I sat on the couch, it was time for "that" talk, its a talk we go through with almost every babysitter Frankie had, explaining to them Nick and who he is and how he is.

"sit here"

Demi sat beside me and I turned to face her.

"Nick is our brother, he has a mental disorder and he's been kept here upstairs every since we started living here"

"So the stories are true? someone is really living upstairs"

"Yes, when we were children, he was quite dangerous and my parents were worried that it was a permanent illness so they bought this big mansion here so that even though they can't bring Nick out, he would have plenty of space here"

"whoa, you guys are really rich"

"soon, Nick gradually recovered and his attacks became lesser and he acted less violent than usual and soon the attacks just went away but still, NIck hates himself."

"Why?"

"He hates being different and soon, he just locks himself away even though he's kinda okay now"

"That's sad"

"I'm hungry" I said as I went to the kitchen, "Oh and Demi, you can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

I was looking at her fiercely.

"okay" she said.

I was eating a sandwich in the kitchen, when I returned to the living room, Demi was gone.

"Demi?"

She had gone up to Frankie.

"He fell asleep" She said.

"He's always like that" I said, as I tuck Frankie in.

"Guess I should go" Demi said

"yeah" I said

"Uhm, Joe, can I ask you something?"

"yeah sure?"

"Can I talk to Nick?"

"Why?" I said in shock and I laughed

"I think I owe him an apology"

"For what?"

"For the bathroom incident"

"Okay?"

"and since, I will be babysitting Frankie, we might run into each other often and I want to make a good first impression"

What did I say? she's a good kid.

"okay, whatever" I said as I paid her and went to my room to get some rest.

Demi walked bravely towards the room upstairs. I told her that the 5th and 4th floor, mostly belongs to Nick. Even though his sleeping quarters is in one of the rooms in the 3rd floor. I told her that judging by the time, he will be on the 5th floor now, writing music and playing with his stupid guitar.