Chapter 16 - Lights (Demi's Pov)

Sweat was running all over my body when I awoke from my dream. “SHE WOULD SEE PAST MY GAMES” Joe’s voice was on repeat on my head as I opened my eyes and realized that it was 2:00 am and I was sweating like a pig on my bed.

What a nightmare.

“Look, like it or nor but we really need to get to work with the lights concerning that party planning stuffs” I said as I greeted Joe by the hallways as he was going to his locker.

“Really? But doing that is so boring” Joe said

“Look, I’m doing this for Kane, not for anything or anybody else” I said

“okay, I’ll meet you at the gym later” he said

HE was actually kind of nice, well that was good because I was actually in a very good mood, and today I’m off to find the truth.

“wow” I said as I entered the gym.

Joe had already started putting on the Christmas lights.

I put my bag down and took out my cupcake.

“oh hey I brought you some” He said as he pointed to his bag.

I opened it and it revealed a whole lot of cupcakes

“wow” I said in amazement, “Just so you know, I’m not doing you any favors” I said

He laughed.

“Those are for you, without asking for anything in return” Joe said

“Wow, you had a good sleep?” I asked.

“Actually Taylor and I broke up”

“okay?” I said

“And I don’t know I just wanted cupcakes”

“okay, that was very nice of you, thank you” I said.

We actually did okay today, I mean Joe and I didn’t fight and we figured out the lights and we just smiled. He smiled.

I mean it was a happy feeling knowing that we’re not fighting and getting on each other’s nerves. I was happy and I knew he was happy too because his smile reached his eyes.

“I wanted to ask you about the photograph Joe” I said

“You’re going to know the truth Demi, but it’s not going to be from me” Joe said.

“why?” I asked

“because, no one knows the truth” Joe said

It was like we were talking in circles.

“I need to know the truth Joe”

“Why?” he asked

“because it would set me free”

“what if it kills other people?”

I looked at him in silence.

“I hope that no matter what happens, you will remember this moment, that we were happy and that I was here for you”

I looked at him like he was saying his last words. Then he kissed me on my right cheek.

“Good luck Devonne” He smiled

No one had ever called me Devonne, Devonne was my second name.

Now, my head ached and I feel like memories are trying to creep out from a locker deep within my head.

Why did Joe called me Devonne?

Okay Nick kissed me and now Joe? What the heck was this world turning into? It was like it was being turned upside down.