10 - To Our Future

I stretched and sighed, my body stiff and feeling like I had stayed in the same position all night long

I stretched and sighed, my body stiff and feeling like I had stayed in the same position all night long. I was curled up on my side, body aching. I arched my back to relieve some of the stiffness when I felt him.

My backside brushed against his erection and I gasped when his large hand curled around my hip and squeezed. "Mmm... you feel so good," he hummed into my ear from behind. He thrusted forward as his mouth fell into the crook of my neck. Colt's voice was low and gravelly, his words getting dirtier by the minute. "I need you so fucking bad."

I suddenly froze in his hold. My skin was burning where he had touched me, but I couldn't will myself to respond. His words turned me on and his hands had me melting, but something wasn't right.

Somehow it felt wrong to just give in after all the pain we had put each other through. How could I just forget? How could he just act like nothing bad had ever happened between us?

"Colt," I warned gently when I felt his teeth nipping the shell of my ear.

I felt him freeze behind me, then his hands snapping back like they were on fire. "Oh God," he groaned.

I rolled over and found Colt on his back with his palms pressed into his eye sockets. "No, no, no."

I glanced away, feeling overwhelmed at how strange this all was. When his fingers gripped my chin and forced me to make eye contact, I couldn't read his expression.

"Sorry for that. I didn't mean to be so aggressive with you."

I shrugged. "It's okay. You just...got carried away..."

"Carried away?" he sputtered. "I was half out of it...thought I was dreaming. I thought maybe you deserved better than a half-asleep mauling." His tone was light and joking, but I could still feel an undercurrent of lust as he dragged his fingers across my cheek and behind my head. "Good morning," he mumbled against my skin as his lips grazed my forehead.

I didn't reciprocate his affection. Something inside me told me not to trust it, trust this. Whatever-in-the-fuck this was. Why had he even asked me for another chance? And why the hell did I say yes?

"I'm sorry about last night. I swear I wasn't drunk...just really exhausted. I haven't been getting the best sleep since I got back."

"How did you sleep last night?"

"I slept hard," I laughed. "It was nice falling asleep in your arms." That part was honest. I did enjoy it even if the repercussions were threatening to bury me now.

Colt hummed as he held me loosely in his arms. His body felt rigid and his touch unsure. Maybe this was a mistake? Was I taking advantage of the fact that he had been a gentleman all night, but woke up with morning wood, as guys sometimes do.

I pulled away from him, swinging my legs over the side of the bed before this awkwardness between us got worse. "I have a busy day planned. I should get in the shower," I explained as I rushed around the room, choosing my clothes and undergarments for the day.