35 - Baby, I'm Yours

"Corri, hi!" I was nearly mauled as Kash came bounding up the driveway toward me. I knelt down to catch him in my arms, smiling despite the fact he had nearly taken me down.

I wrapped him up in the tightest hug, which he happily returned. "Well hello to you too!" I laughed, pulling back enough to see he was wearing a dress shirt, khaki pants and a navy tie hanging loosely around his neck. "Why are you so dressed up, my handsome young man?"

Kash's eyes opened wide but his fingers pinched his lips together as if he was struggling not to speak. "It's a surprise!" he finally blurted after I continued to stare him down.

"A surprise?" I echoed, moving to stand fully and guiding him back up the driveway. "Did your dad tell you not to tell me?" I prodded.

Kash opened the door for me and I was surprised that I didn't find Colt waiting for me. I hung up my gym bag and jacket, glancing around to find nothing amiss. Kash peered up at me with excitement and I couldn't help but feel his happiness. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna find your dad so I can find out what this surprise is!"

Kash nodded and gave me another quick squeeze. He bounced over to the couch and left me to wander down the hall alone. "Colt," I called out when I entered our bedroom. "Where are you?"

I moved slowly around the end of the bed until I reached the bathroom door. It was cracked open just slightly, revealing his naked torso and lower half wrapped in a towel. He was leaning toward the mirror, carefully shaving his beautiful face. I kept quiet as I leaned against the doorframe. I drank in his muscular back, his dark hair curling around the nape of his neck, his arms with it's tendons flexing, and the angular jaw he was currently shaving.

Colt's eyes shifted and caught mine in the reflection of the mirror. His shock was obvious. "Baby…" he sputtered, quickly wiping the rest of the shaving cream off his neck. He swung around to face me and smiled widely. "I wasn't expecting you this soon. Didn't you have a late therapy appointment?"

"It got canceled." I hooked my thumb behind me and shrugged. "Should I leave?"

"Oh God no," he sighed, his shoulders relaxing as he approached me. "Just a little change of plans." I grinned as he cradled my jaw in his hands and pressed a deep kiss to my mouth. I slid my hands up his strong chest, my fingers winding around his neck until they reached his soft, chestnut curls. "No, no, no," he laughed, pulling away from me slightly. "This is not the plan."

"No?" I teased, reaching for the hem of my tank top and easing it over my head. "So I can't coax you into joining me in another shower?"

His mouth fell open slightly as I shimmied out of my workout gear and moved toward the shower. I loved the way his eyes tracked my every move. It was obvious he was struggling to focus. I stepped into the steam and groaned at how soothing the warm water felt. After a moment, I noticed he was still standing on the other side of the glass, peering at me with a hungry gaze.