31 - Fight For Me

"Corri?"

"Corri?"

Colt's warm voice washed over me as he stepped inside my office. I had my back to him, but I could still feel him approaching me. I sighed and relaxed into his arms when he held me from behind and peered over the top of my head. "Is everything okay?" he whispered into my ear as his arms tightened around me. 

I was staring at a large board pinned to the wall of my office. "Just going over some details."

"Like?" he prompted, even as his nose found my neck.

"Like how I still don't have an instructor for this self-defense class. And I'm just frustrated that the right person has come along yet," I explained.

Colt gave me one more big squeeze before guiding me over to my big chair. "I thought you found someone you liked."

I pulled three files from the stack and laid them out across my desk for Colt to inspect. He sunk into my chair and touched each file, inspecting the contents of each one. "So what's wrong with this guy?"

"He's great. Very knowledgeable and smart, but his availability is for shit. He could only teach one class a week and I wanted more options than that."

"And this one?" Colt mused as he tugged me across his lap. 

"He has the qualifications and the time but…"

"But?"

I scoffed. "He has the personality of a wet mop!"

Colt burst out laughing and cuddled me close. "And what about the third guy?"

"He's good. He seems to fit in every way, but he hasn't been doing this for long. He's just barely gotten qualified and this would be his first time teaching. I'm not sure I want to take a chance on that."

Colt's eyes drifted to the three choices and then he smirked. "I'll do it."

"No," I gasped. "You're so busy with your training schedule and working at the garage…"

"I quit. I told the twins I just couldn't keep it up. We agreed to hire another mechanic and I'd help out when I could, but that's it. I'm still invested in the garage, of course. But they understood that helping run the gym was taking a lot of my time and I just didn't have any more to spare."

"I'm so sorry. I never wanted…"

Colts mouth covered mine and I suddenly lost my train of thought. When he pulled away, a slow smile spread across his face. "Don't be sorry. I'm exactly where I need to be."

I snuggled a bit closer and nibbled on my lower lip. "Mmm. I can't argue with that. I love having you here with me."

Colt nodded and then let his gaze fall to my desk. He gathered up the three files and tossed them behind him. "You were done with those, right?"

"I guess so," I laughed, staring  at the mess of papers scattered on the floor.

"Good," he growled, lifting me up and placing me on my now cleared-off desk. "Because I think it's time you interview me for this self-defense instructor position."